Did Linehan change today?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I wonder about Linehan in today's game. It seemed like he kept receivers on the move, instead of the usual "run straight downfield, turn around, and stop".

Anyone else get that impression?

Linehan being competent would be the biggest addition possible for the playoffs. Did that actually happen today?

Maybe he called a different offense because Zeke wasn't on the field?

Dre11

Reaction score
I wonder about Linehan in today's game. It seemed like he kept receivers on the move, instead of the usual "run straight downfield, turn around, and stop".

Linehan being competent would be the biggest addition possible for the playoffs. Did that actually happen today?

Funny how people think the offense change, when players execute and make plays...lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

They got aggressive and pretty much abandoned the run in the 2nd half. So the TE's were out running routes instead of staying in to block. Dak seems to favor the faster paced, pass happy attack.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

:hammer:

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
I think they called and planned for a more Dak centric game plan with no Zeke. Unlike other times when they tried to go heavy Dak, Dak did great for the most part [Amari shakes his head and frowns at this ].

Hopefully Dak can continue this. Hopefully Jarwin does not disappear now. Then we have a chance to make some noise the next few weeks.

kevm3

Reaction score
We actually called an aggressive game, especially since Zeke wasn't available for a safety valve. This offense was much more fun to watch

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I wish he would be more creative and aggressive when Zeke is in the lineup. I believe we could be a high octane offense with Dak, Zeke, Cooper, Gallup, Beas and Jarwin with the right play calling.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

Looked like Dak rolled out much more. That with Zeke in the backfield will be a nice combo.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I think what happened was Linehan was told to give DAK a game plan to make him throw.

The whole point of the game for us was to tune-up the offense minus Zeke for the playoffs.

On the flip side..

the defense seemed to play a very straight defense..

not alot of blitzing..

man to man coverage..

not alot of fancy coverages.

Obviously..

not to tip their hand going forward.

Linehan deserves alot of credit for calling plays DAK was comfortable with.

A relief to see this.