Did MB3 starting over JJ anger you?

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
JJ is my RB.

I love BP but some of his head games are a lil much.

JJ has earned some stripes in my book and while he may not be as complete as Barber, he has big play ability and I have seen him show alot of heart.

I don't think MB3's stellar performance against a team like the Cardinals warrants him the start. He still has a ways to go to catch JJ in my book.

IMO, when you play 2 RBs like that, both of them suffer because they can't get going when the other keeps cutting into their carries.

You made your point BP. Now please put JJ back in where he belongs.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Nope not one bit....you have to go with the RB that's on fire. And untill this point it was BArber.

I'll go even further and say PArcells would be dumb tos tart Julius over BArber at this point...Good coaching by his part.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I think Barber ran better than JJ. Anyone else see this? More power more stuff w/ the ball. I saw JJ just folding in at the line. Course he had no holes but still. Make something happen.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I wasnt mad about it, but Barber fumbled his way out of the starting role IMO

David

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Not really. You have to think about it this way: Parcells know Dallas has a tough stretch coming up and felt there was no need to rush JJ back into too many carries, and risk losing him again. You have to ride with the hot guy, which was Barber. However, I don't think he was ready mentally for a game like this, and it showed. He slipped and fell on what was a sure TD, bobbled the ball, ad also fumbled in a critical 4th quarter. I would have liked to have seen JJ more, but at least we know he is ok and will be ready for the rest of the 2 game stretch up coming.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I wasnt mad about it, but Barber fumbled his way out of the starting role IMO

David

What David said......

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I think Barber should remain the tailback. Julius didn't do much with his carries tonight. Barber fumbled, but we didn't lose it. Bledsoe threw a pick....I doubt BP will bench him.

Barber should remain the starter til Julius earns his way back into the lineup. You gotta go with the guy that is there for you every week.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe it was just me, but Barber seemed to leave too many yards on the field.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Jammer said:
Maybe it was just me, but Barber seemed to leave too many yards on the field.

Saying that -

How many did JJ leave? I mean lets be fair. Westbrook seems to bounce right outside off of the blocked holes.

Man that guy drives me nuts w/ that move. Give me a heartattack everytime he stops at the LOS. I start screaming..

HES GOING OUTSIDE...TACKLE HIM

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
JJ may have been slighly out of shape (comapred to his standards) and rusty. I didnt have a problem with the initial start.

but I think its clear JJ needs to start in the future with MB3 the permanent 3rd down back.

that fumble **** is going to fly, he almost blew the game

lyrclcipha12

Reaction score
from what i saw jj didnt really have a shot...first off he got a limited number of carries and the vast majority of those carries he was met at the line. whereas i thought marion looked a little tenative to hit whatever opening there might of been. plus the (nearly costly) fumble at the end of the game didn't help. philly has a great run D, but i saw a few oppurtunities that marion had and didn't take advantage of. too hesitant.

lyrclcipha12

Reaction score
Dallas said:
Saying that -

How many did JJ leave? I mean lets be fair. Westbrook seems to bounce right outside off of the blocked holes.

Man that guy drives me nuts w/ that move. Give me a heartattack everytime he stops at the LOS. I start screaming..

HES GOING OUTSIDE...TACKLE HIM

yeah i thought fugita did a pretty bad job of containing the outside...he was beat a quite a few times. matter fact i dont remember seeing fugita do much. could that be why i seemed to notice burnett in the game towards the end?

sillycon

Reaction score
JJ hasn't played for awhile... It would've been prudent to ease him in slowly. As for who was the better back, the o-line play rendered that moot. Neither had much chance to get rushing yards as the o-line was getting stuffed up the middle. I believe JJ is still the better back but MB3 is the ideal backup/3rd down back.

BHendri5

Reaction score
I was not mad not one bit. I knew Jones would not start. Barber is the Heavy duty guy Parcells like. He wants JJ to ber like Westbrook, that is how he wants to use him. Plus Parcells does not think JJ, is very durable right now, he does not think he can hold up with a lot of carries, on a continuous basis.