Did McNabb say the Cowboys Eagles game was a setup game & they always beat us 2nd gam

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok espn is covering eagles Commanders now, i will see if mcnabb talks

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3109988 said:
thats what we need to change, our predicability, especially on offense

Which teams are unpredictable? I can pretty much tell you how the Saints will run their offense same with the colts and the Pats. It comes down to players executing the plays. When Dallas does that they move the ball and put up points when we shoot ourself in the foot and make stupid mistakes we stall out on the offensive side. Garrett offense ranks around the top he must be doing something right to have a bunch of low rd draft picks and UDFA getting the job done

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3110001 said:
Which teams are unpredictable? I can pretty much tell you how the Saints will run their offense same with the colts and the Pats. It comes down to players executing the plays. When Dallas does that they move the ball and put up points when we shoot ourself in the foot and make stupid mistakes we stall out on the offensive side. Garrett offense ranks around the top he must be doing something right to have a bunch of low rd draft picks and UDFA getting the job done

thats true, but i feel that you should change up some things now and then; like jason garrett having austin in the slot and moving away from the defenders in their man to man defense

thats what im talking about, dont be predictable, were not that good on offense yet, we need to keep coming up with new plays here and there

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Joe Realist;3109907 said:
I think they try to beat us no matter when we play. The trend though, has been, they make adjusments, particulary defensively and beat us in the second game. It happened in 2006, 2007, 2008. WE scored substantially less points than the first meeting and lost all 3.

2006 1st game = 24
2006 2nd game = 7

2007 1st game = 38
2007 2nd game = 6

2008 1st game = 41
2008 2nd game = 6

2009 1st game = 20
2009 2nd game = ???????????

Good post, never occured to be... those are pretty huge drop offs.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3109988 said:
thats what we need to change, our predicability, especially on offense

So long as Jason Garrett keeps on getting his game plan each week from the Media we'll be fine. Next up....Randy Galloway.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3110014 said:
thats true, but i feel that you should change up some things now and then; like jason garrett having austin in the slot and moving away from the defenders in their man to man defense

thats what im talking about, dont be predictable, were not that good on offense yet, we need to keep coming up with new plays here and there

They have and when our guys are executing we have seen many big plays out of them when we are committing penalties and making mistakes we stop ourselves. Unlike some I'm not unhappy With Garrett. That does not mean I don't question a call here or there but looking at the overall this offense is one of the tops in the league and looking around the offense outside of RW and Felix this offense is not made up of a bunch of #1 draft picks.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3109926 said:
yeah he is a big chicken because he wont post, and he has an account to post

again, i didnt hear this, but thought this if we can find it like dc or theebs on fox or espn, that we can use that as bulletin board material

with mcnabb popping off
It is in your best interests to stop believing what he tells you. Guy seems wholly uninformed way too often to ever give credence to this. I will bet you a dime to a doughnut he cannot support the supposed comment by McNabb with any kind of link. Therefore he either pulled it out of his trash or heard it from McNabb himself.

You do the math which one of those is more likely true.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;3110095 said:
It is in your best interests to stop believing what he tells you. Guy seems wholly uninformed way too often to ever give credence to this. I will bet you a dime to a doughnut he cannot support the supposed comment by McNabb with any kind of link. Therefore he either pulled it out of his trash or heard it from McNabb himself.

You do the math which one of those is more likely true.

Thanks Hostile, yeah i bite everytime he tells me stuff like that, then when i ask him where he got it, he doesnt remember. I have been watching espn so far and nothing yet. He had to go to Houston about an hour ago.

But im going to fix his little wagon, I am getting him a notebook to write this stuff down, because he always says he doesnt have anything to write on. Or his wife writes stuff on it or throws it away.

So, im getting him that notebook and telling him, either you quit being chicken and you post it yourself, since I got you to get your account activated and Hostile got your account working again.

So, then he either has to put up or shut up, so to speak.

And he is getting that notebook this weekend for his christmas present along with something else, and a pen to write.

Then no more excuses, post it yourself or shut up. Or have info where you got the story on the notebook, what channel, what show and what time, etc.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Rampage;3109936 said:
the difference is this year they have a new DC who is a moron. he has blitzed so much so early this season that all the film is out there for everyone to see. Jim Johnson used to play a rather vanilla defense against us in the 1st meetings and bring major heat in the 2nd meetings. this new DC for Philly has been blitzing crazy since the 1st game of the season. because of that i've been real interested to see how the NFCE teams do against Philly mainly their defense the 2nmd time around. in the 1st meeting against Washington Philly dominated their offense. the 2nd time around Washington dropped 24 on Philly's defense in Philly. If Campbell wasn't such a stupid qb the skins probably would've won.

I've noticed that about their blitzing this year as well. He doesn't seem to hide anything anymore. That is pretty crazy.

I do think that the way Johnson would adjust, and the way we've refused to adjust, in recent 2nd games is the biggest reason they always wind up kicking our tails the second time around.

Doomsday101;3109939 said:
I think they have some problems of their own. Their defense just gave up 24 points to a very poor Commander team at home with Portis out of the lineup. McNabb can talk all he wants but the eagles have some issues to overcome before they face Dallas

No Portis, no Cooley, and a patch work o-line. They have some issues with that Philly defense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3110229 said:
I've noticed that about their blitzing this year as well. He doesn't seem to hide anything anymore. That is pretty crazy.

I do think that the way Johnson would adjust, and the way we've refused to adjust, in recent 2nd games is the biggest reason they always wind up kicking our tails the second time around.

No Portis, no Cooley, and a patch work o-line. They have some issues with that Philly defense.

Very true. If Philly want to focus on us great in the meantime those team facing Philly see the same things me and you are seeing and these teams season are on the line and in need of a win.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think they try to beat us no matter when we play. The trend though, has been, they make adjusments, particulary defensively and beat us in the second game. It happened in 2006, 2007, 2008. WE scored substantially less points than the first meeting and lost all 3.

2006 1st game = 24
2006 2nd game = 7

2007 1st game = 38
2007 2nd game = 6

2008 1st game = 41
2008 2nd game = 6

2009 1st game = 20

That's because Jim Johnson was a superb defensive coach and probably his best quality was looking at film and adjusting the game plan to stop the opposing team. Basically he was like that with the Skins and G-Men as well the second time around. Great, great coach

He's passed away now and I really don't fear the Eagles defense from watching it this year. They were thoroughy unimpressive against the Skins outside of Trent Cole and Asante Samuel. Their blitzes seem more or less ineffective.

I believe the only reason why Andy Reid is a HC today is because he lived off of Johnson's defenses and that in a few years he'll be done with because I don't think McDermott is nearly as good.

YAKUZA

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;3110244 said:
That's because Jim Johnson was a superb defensive coach and probably his best quality was looking at film and adjusting the game plan to stop the opposing team. Basically he was like that with the Skins and G-Men as well the second time around. Great, great coach

He's passed away now and I really don't fear the Eagles defense from watching it this year. They were thoroughy unimpressive against the Skins outside of Trent Cole and Asante Samuel. Their blitzes seem more or less ineffective.

I believe the only reason why Andy Reid is a HC today is because he lived off of Johnson's defenses and that in a few years he'll be done with because I don't think McDermott is nearly as good.

YAKUZA

I agree. As for as Samuel play he is overly aggressive on short routs that is why Austin burned him on the double move something the skins never seemed to attack they continued with a lot of short routs and that lead to Samuel jumping the rout.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3110268 said:
I agree. As for as Samuel play he is overly aggressive on short routs that is why Austin burned him on the double move something the skins never seemed to attack they continued with a lot of short routs and that lead to Samuel jumping the rout.

P sure that was Sheldon Brown that Austin got behind.

Are YOU watching the games?

;)

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score

2006 1st game = 24
2006 2nd game = 7

2007 1st game = 38
2007 2nd game = 6

2008 1st game = 41
2008 2nd game = 6

2009 1st game = 20
They've played Washington twice now. How'd Washington do?

1st Game: 17pts
2nd Game: 24pts

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3109899 said:
someone told me that on espn mcnabb was saying that the eagles mainly play us on simple plays, no gimmicks etc, to see how we are going to play them, so they can tear us up in the 2nd game.
Didn't the Eagles start the Campo era out with a onside kick? That was the opening game of the season as I recall.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Blast From The Past;3110527 said:
Didn't the Eagles start the Campo era out with a onside kick? That was the opening game of the season as I recall.

sure did and he tried a onside kick best i remember against parcells didnt he? is that the one where randall williams returned the onside kick for a td? or was that campo's year, cant remember right now