Did Merriman even play

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Reports are that he stayed in the locker room crying because in his heart he wanted to be a Cowboy and couldn't look Parcells in the eyes.

Vman

Reaction score
RedLine said:
He was inactive for the game.

they showed him on the sidelines in street clothes

Are you guys sure about this? NFL.com has him listed as having played.

They most definitely do not have him on the inactive list.

They show him as having played as a game substitution.

Under the GameBook for San Diego:

Substitutions

P 5 M.Scifres, K 10 N.Kaeding, CB 22 S.Davis, CB 25 J.Fletcher, S 31 H.Milligan, RB 33 M.Turner, S 42 C.Hart, RB/KR 43 D.Sproles, LS 50 D.Binn, LB 54 S.Cooper, LB 56 S.Merriman, LB 57 M.Wilhelm, G 68 K.Dielman, DE 78 D.Scott, WR 81 K.Osgood, WR 82 R.Caldwell, TE 89 R.Krause, DT/DE 93 L.Castillo, LB 95 S.Phillips, DE 96 D.Ball

Did Not Play

QB 17 P.Rivers, FS 24 J.Wilson, C/G 62 B.Hallen, T 75 L.Jordan

Not Active

QB 12 C.Lemon, FB 34 A.Pinnock, C 63 S.Mruczkowski, TE 80 L.Trusty, WR 83 V.Jackson, LB 92 M.Harris, DE 98 D.Robinson

silver

Reaction score
he didn't play. inactive. i see they have landon trusty. it's always a good sign to see former players are catching on elsewhere. except if they're named jimmy smith then it's bad

Vman

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
I saw him on the sidelines in street clothes....

Well, its so good to realize that NFL.com keeps the most accurate of records.... :rolleyes:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I actually wish he did play. I don't think there's any way he plays as well as the other SD LBs played yesterday. They were all terrific. I'd take a few of those guys on my team. Foley is a beast!

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Vman said:
Well, its so good to realize that NFL.com keeps the most accurate of records.... :rolleyes:

No kidding....he was supposed to be a game time decision for them, so maybe they just never updated it. He looked like he was chomping at the bit in a tee shirt...:laugh2: