Did Micah Parsons have any impact on the playoff game vs 49ers?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dak_Attack_09, Mar 26, 2022.

1. DanA

DanA Well-Known Member

3,896 Messages
    4,127 Likes Received
    I’m pretty sure it’s since come out that Dak checked into that play and that it wasn’t whT was called.

PAPPYDOG likes this.
  2. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    21,197 Messages
    31,179 Likes Received
    Sad but true, Micah did not show up during our playoff loss. Yikes, the truth hurts.

3. Cmac

Cmac Well-Known Member

8,380 Messages
    5,536 Likes Received
    OMG.......you gonna be in trouble on this board.

4. Typhus

Typhus Captain Catfish

14,254 Messages
    15,754 Likes Received
    Agree with you that Parsons is a natural pass rusher, rare.
    Cowboys ruin his game if they try and patch holes with Parsons, and limit him in a fixed role come game day.
    Parsons would be run on, his game is not as a run stopping DE, that would be foolish to waste him, thankfully we retained tank so that now Tank can be run support off edge, and Parsons can fly.
    Many here may not like the moves this FO has made, and I have made my fair share of criticism, but retaining Tank was key, at least he understands his role now, and already admitted as much,,, he spoke to Cowboys Nation directly and honestly when he anointed MP the defensive captain, anyone with a right mind knows that already.
    Live up to the task assigned Tank, and contain the edge, Parsons can play off that all day and this defense can go crazy if they just shore up the middle,, LVE is not the answer, but he is depth.

5. Dak_Attack_09

Dak_Attack_09 Well-Known Member

4,207 Messages
    3,000 Likes Received
    27 years of losing. :angry::hammer:

6. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    14,313 Messages
    22,049 Likes Received
    :hammer:

7. GINeric

GINeric Well-Known Member

1,319 Messages
    887 Likes Received
    Some people also like to lie and put undeserved blame on players on their favorite team, but hide like weak *** cowards when those particular players have great games and the team win. Why do those weak *** coward type of fans only come out during losses??

I could never understand or figure out the mindset of cowardly people like that. I respect the logical people who atleast make great points and compelling arguments when discussing the mistakes of certain players. They're the type that actually post after losses AND wins. I respect those that move like that.

Its the weak, cowardly, female dog *** hating hiders that are a joke to me. I know and they know who they are.

8. elcowboi

elcowboi Well-Known Member

1,579 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    Did anybody on the Cowboys team???

RustyBourneHorse and CouchCoach like this.
  9. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

7,702 Messages
    9,912 Likes Received
    If you noticed on that play the 49ers ran away from Parsons. They ran to the opposite side away from him. At the same time, the motion took LVE to the opposite side of the field as well. The play was really well designed because the 49ers had more blockers than the Cowboys had defenders at the point of attack. But Parsons had nothing to do with that play. They caught the Cowboys in a bad defensive alignment.

They ran at Golston who was manhandled by the 49ers TE. Then the secondary took bad angles and ran themselves out of the play. Of course Kazee again was out of position and nowhere near able to make the tackle. I think letting him go and finding a more competent Safety will help this defense.

10. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

9,015 Messages
    5,749 Likes Received
    Even if true, teams can shut down any one player, but hey, let's blame one player for a loss, just like Dak is every loss.

So tired of these types of hater posts...

11. CowboyFrog

CowboyFrog Well-Known Member

5,542 Messages
    5,002 Likes Received
    you mean the opposing OC had a good plan to keep #11 from wrecking his game?....I know its tough to see because our OC doesnt do this he just keeps calling random plays and doesnt scheme anything. #11 will be fine....

12. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

23,536 Messages
    12,349 Likes Received
    not just parsons. the whole defense was bad. the whole offense was bad. coaching was bad. play calling was bad. everything was bad.

CowboyFrog likes this.
  13. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

23,536 Messages
    12,349 Likes Received
    yes, he was an off the ball LB in college and teams are often reluctant to take a off the ball LB that high in draft, but he showed that he is more than that, a side line to sideline player who can rush the passer from either side. that's why I have mentioned a few times, perhaps we should move to a 3-4, not worry about gregory and lawrence, and make Micah a n OLB like ware, except he can also drop into coverage which makes him that much better. we almost have everyone we need to pull it off, but given we signed Fowler and Lawrence, that ain't happening anytime soon.

DogFace likes this.
  14. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    37,904 Messages
    67,952 Likes Received
    The Niners just happen to be the best blocking run team in the NFL, event their WR's block and they have the best blocking TE.

They also have good coaching and knew the D players they had to key on and Parsons made that really easy on them because he was by far the most standout on the front 7. It was also not lost on Shanahan and company that he made his name and got that award as a pass rusher so they only passed the ball 39% of the time.

The two players that come uo when discussing Parsons are Taylor and Thomas and both made their names in the opponents backfield, bit playing the run.

The Cowboys still have a run D problem at LB and DT. And they could use a good SS.

15. youngjerryjones

youngjerryjones Well-Known Member

524 Messages
    790 Likes Received
    No i don’t think so you can see on the first touchdown they dual blocked him out of the left zone to run in that direction Kyle Shanahan knew he was the only one who could truly wreck their gameplan…although i do think it was a mistake to do his pivot podcast playoff week not a great look

16. Kingofholland

Kingofholland Well-Known Member

3,447 Messages
    3,345 Likes Received
    A lot of players played poorly in this game. Parsons was still around the ball along though despite just recovering from covid and need oxygen for a lot of the game.

17. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

9,486 Messages
    2,836 Likes Received
    The game Dak choked away with idiot decisions, horrific accuracy and critical interceptions?

18. acr731

acr731 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    5,235 Messages
    14,088 Likes Received
    Wanna know whats really sad? Many of those fans throwing trash and bottles at the refs were throwing it with better velocity and accuracy than Dak did the whole game.

Hawkeye19 likes this.
  19. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

20,238 Messages
    21,841 Likes Received
    Bust

20. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

9,122 Messages
    14,827 Likes Received
    ….he already knows we all don’t expect much from him so it’s a non-story