Did MM have a hand in the play calls Sunday

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just a thought and to stir things up a bit. :laugh:

Did MM have a hand in the plays calls Sunday. It was much better except a few times we all questioned, why not run instead of the pass.
Did he sit and talk with Moore over the bye week about things, did he overrule a few calls.
just seems different.

Or did the change in the OL help that much, so it made the play calls work better than before.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It's more that the Vikings defense is just atrocious. Playcalling looked about the same as it has.

Changes to the right side of the OL defintely made a difference though.

blueblood70

Reaction score
NO his post game interview pointed out how well KM called the game, Kellen always been cpble and the last 3 weeks hes done this by necessity, maybe he can learn when his full offense is back he needs to be doing this with the Starters!

BTW you cant go to the well far too many times so really 4-5 games year you can get cute and tricky but it wont work a lot once on film..hes much improved but you cant do this 2oplays game all 16 games..it meant for situational football, catch the defense off guard..not meant for regulars offenses..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
MM has a hand in everything that hits the field. He cut the deadwood, he empowered the young players we have to either sink or swim. The playcalling is not all KM.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The drive when Pollard got the 42 yard TD was set up by Zeke.
This was great play calling. Run Zeke fore 3 or 4 times. Put in Pollard, so now the Vikings think, well they will pass now. So they hit them with Pollard with his speed and quickness.
I believe Zeke could have made that TD run also, at another time. However they would have keyed on him, so it was Pollard time.

I know the Zeke haters won't agree, because of their agenda's. But it was perfectly set up.
Look for that same play with Zeke in another game, if the defense is primed for it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's more that the Vikings defense is just atrocious. Playcalling looked about the same as it has.

Changes to the right side of the OL definitely made a difference though.
no we played many atrocious defenses earlier in the year with Dak and this deep in the bac of the offensive play book for dak and the starters

hes doing a much better job at being creative

blueblood70

Reaction score
The drive when Pollard got the 42 yard TD was set up by Zeke.
This was great play calling. Run Zeke fore 3 or 4 times. Put in Pollard, so now the Vikings think, well they will pass now. So they hit them with Pollard with his speed and quickness.
I believe Zeke could have made that TD run also, at another time. However they would have keyed on him, so it was Pollard time.

I know the Zeke haters won't agree, because of their agenda's. But it was perfectly set up.
Look for that same play with Zeke in another game, if the defense is primed for it.
I agree zeke wears on the defense and bam, but truly if you watch the pay thats 10yard gain of that defender doesnt just stick out an arm, that Jsmith move and the announcers pointed it out, thats an easy stop for the defender and he just let up and let pollard go..

Im happy for pollard but that was lucky to have whiff ole type tackle..his coaches will be ripping him new one on that lack of effort..they called it business decsions..its fact

blueblood70

Reaction score
No we didn't. The Vikings might be the worst defense in football.
No way dude, give it break the Falcons by far had horrible defense back when we played them and the first 3-4 opponent's were just horrible..the vikes defense got all kinds of accolades for pre game pre week 3 game winning streak etc..they were NOT the worst we played this year that laughable

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I think he did a little bit. There was a shot of him saying something to Kellen on the sidelines right before a big play in the 4th quarter, I can’t really remember which one but Kellen immediately looked down at the play sheet and called in the play. There were some plays and calls that definitely had a MM feel to them.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No way dude, give it break the Falcons by far had horrible defense back when we played them and the first 3-4 opponent's were just horrible..the vikes defense got all kinds of accolades for pre game pre week 3 game winning streak etc..they were NOT the worst we played this year that laughable
They are just as bad as the Falcons, Jags, Jets, etc. They've given up 40 points twice lol

VACowboy

Reaction score

Did MM have a hand in the plays calls Sunday. It was much better except a few times we all questioned, why not run instead of the pass.
Did he sit and talk with Moore over the bye week about things, did he overrule a few calls.
just seems different.

Or did the change in the OL help that much, so it made the play calls work better than before.
I noticed a difference too. Seemed like a lot more pre-snap motion, especially jet action with Lamb. The jet handoffs were more than just positive running plays. They demanded defensive attention. The OL gets a ton of credit for great blocking but I don't think Zeke having his best game of the season in a game with more motion and stuff was a coincidence. Thursday will be a real test.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Changes to the right side of the OL defintely made a difference though.

I agree, the Vike's defense helped us out.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

just seems different.

First off just because Vilma who has never called a Cowboys game before makes a statement on how McCarthy's play calling seems to be much better and then immediately corrects himself by saying McCarthy and Moore after realizing that Moore actually calls the plays, shouldn't cause any actual Cowboys fan not to know that Moore calls the plays. Yes there are times like on 4th downs when they go for it that McCarthy may call the play but if McCarthy or any head coach starts to interfere in the normal play calling then he should just take the play calling from who's doing it on a regular basis and do it himself. By interfering in the normal play calling will only destroy the confidence the play caller has and just make everything worse.