did mort say today that parcells may retire?

STSINAZ

Reaction score
I think he did. He cited his brothers death as a possible reason. JJ wants him to stay but he is unsure.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Well see soon enough. I want him to do what he wants to do. If his hearts not in, go find something to fill that void. Hes done a great job re-organizing the Cowboys leadership for the future. If he left today, we are a better team then when he got here. Were pointed in the right direction and the winds of any coach will take the vessel Parcells built and fill it and sail it to the ends of the earth.

Parcells is getting up there and needs to relax and enjoy the fruits of his labour now. If he chooses to go, He has my blessing and good luck to him. If he chooses to stay another year or three, welcome back and lets get to work. We have a champion to finish building here Coach.

Gaede

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Well see soon enough. I want him to do what he wants to do. If his hearts not in, go find something to fill that void. Hes done a great job re-organizing the Cowboys leadership for the future. If he left today, we are a better team then when he got here. Were pointed in the right direction and the winds of any coach will take the vessel Parcells built and fill it and sail it to the ends of the earth.

Parcells is getting up there and needs to relax and enjoy the fruits of his labour now. If he chooses to go, He has my blessing and good luck to him. If he chooses to stay another year or three, welcome back and lets get to work. We have a champion to finish building here Coach.

Well said

DipChit

Reaction score
Yeah, he said a possibility.. age, burnout, death of his brother. But if really likes the team as a whole might wanna see it through.

Hmmm.. lets say his does pack it in, then what do we do?

I can hear Jerry now..

"I'd like to introduce the new HC of the Cowboys.. Mike Zimmer!" ;)

Tommy-the-Greek

Reaction score
If he does retire I would seriously feel bad for you guys. It wouldn't surprise me to see him not finish what he started. I really wanted the rivalry to start to mean something again.

I wonder if Jones and Johnson could put aside there differences and work together again? This does raise an interesting question.

If Parcells retires and Jimmy Johnson won't come back who would you like your new coach to be?

STSINAZ

Reaction score
bring on jimmah! he is chomping at the bit trust me! he didnt go to houston for a lunch i will tell you that! his contract is up with Fox I can tell you that...he may come back no matter what he said...would love to him and a real QB....and a real line...could you see our 4-3 rotation of Ware, Canty, Ellis, Spears, Glover, Fergy, Ratliff??? just have to draft another lb if burnett cant handle the rolb position...i think he would be able to though...

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Parcells can use any excuse he wants. He's washed up plain and simple! Bring on Jimmy!

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
i really hope we win today - i could care less about next week or playoffs at this point - then he retires.

we're an undeserving bunch.