Did Murray leave yards on the field?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
starman22;4714479 said:
I thought he did a great job getting what he did with the blocking on most plays, that said, on his long run he may have gone for the TD if he would have kept to the sideline. He cut right back into the pursuit.

All in all, a great first game back from injury.

star

This. He manufactured more than a little as well.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd say he got a heck of a lot more yards than he should have. People want to talk about cutting back inside during the big run. How about the fact he even created the run when by all rights it should have been a loss of 3.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CATCH17;4714693 said:
Changing my thread title kinda screwed my thread up.

I wanted to know from the people who have seen the all 22 view.

I can obviously see the 1 or 2 that anyone else can on the sideline cam.
The thread title changes lately have been annoying as hell.

risco

Reaction score
CATCH17;4714390 said:
Did Murray leave a lot of yards on the field Wednesday night or did he mostly get what was there?

Yes he did- I have watched that big run over and over again and determined that he left yards on the fielf. He should have kep going straight toward the sideline. Instead, he tuned inside and you know the rest. Nonetheless, it still was a great run.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Risen Star;4714973 said:
I'd say he got a heck of a lot more yards than he should have. People want to talk about cutting back inside during the big run. How about the fact he even created the run when by all rights it should have been a loss of 3.

That's a good point...even Vickers did not stop him on that run!

:laugh2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
theogt;4714989 said:
The thread title changes lately have been annoying as hell.

It is kind of annoying...and there seems to be some editing going on in some posts...but, the mods do the best the can.

goshan

Reaction score
He left quite a bit on the field.
Murray is interesting - more of a power back than an elusive/instinctive runner.
He makes some questionable cuts and seeks contact when he should seek to avoid.

At the same time, he is extremely productive - but he seems like the type of back you will question every week on the cut decisions he makes.

Almost like he is sort of Random in his elusive moves and sometimes it pays off....

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
5Stars;4715016 said:
It is kind of annoying...and there seems to be some editing going on in some posts...but, the mods do the best the can.
Most often it just seems someone is bored and going overboard. Presumably one of the newer mods.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Zordon;4714862 said:
rewatching the film he did leave some yards on the field. there were a couple of times in the 2nd half where he took the wrong hole. i think he was just rusty.

perhaps he was in shock and awe, utter disbelief, that there was actually a hole to run through...

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4714503 said:
I think he took some yards that were not there. :laugh2:

yeah, i agree. I don't get the apparent criticism because frankly there were tons of yards that he shouldn't have gotten but he got them by himself.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;4715059 said:
Most often it just seems someone is bored and going overboard. Presumably one of the newer mods.
I actually changed the thread title for this thread.

However, if people put what they mean in the thread title, it would make it alot more easier for people to understand what the thread is about rather than mods figuring things out and coming up with their own titles.

Thread titles shouldn't be looked as subject headings on an email with only one or two words. If you want people to read it, then you should make it informative or more interesting to read.

Putting All 22-or whatever and that's it, isn't informative or inviting.

JMO.
----------------------------------------

Catch17,

If you want a different thread title, make a suggestion and I'll be more than willing to change it.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
He may have left a few......but he sure as heck pick up a lot more than most guys would have. ;)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Editorializing is often subjective. What the author intends may be different from what any one single person infers. That doesn't mean the author was wrong. But unless there's some sort of real problem with a thread title or post (profanity or some other violation), it seems like you guys would just assume leave it up to the community to decide what they want to say, rather than saying it for them. It can be frustrating to the author.

Just my opinion.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;4715333 said:
Editorializing is often subjective. What the author intends may be different from what any one single person infers. That doesn't mean the author was wrong. But unless there's some sort of real problem with a thread title or post (profanity or some other violation), it seems like you guys would just assume leave it up to the community to decide what they want to say, rather than saying it for them. It can be frustrating to the author.

Just my opinion.
Opinion is noted...

But just note that anytime we do it, it's with good intentions, not because it's some sort of violation. It's to clarify the thread from simply "Bruce Carter" to "Bruce Carter played well"

bucktoof

Reaction score
lkelly;4714959 said:
It would be great if Emmitt actually watched film with him since he was so great at churning every inch out of a play. Murray may need a translator for Smith's creative vocabulary, but the point would probably get across.

:laugh2:

rkell87

Reaction score
Zordon;4714862 said:
rewatching the film he did leave some yards on the field. there were a couple of times in the 2nd half where he took the wrong hole. i think he was just rusty.

I don't think there is a "wrong" hole unless you mean there was a better hole but Garrett said they don't tell the RBs where to run, they tell them what the play is designed to do and let them use their vision to pick where it goes

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4715337 said:
Opinion is noted...

But just note that anytime we do it, it's with good intentions, not because it's some sort of violation. It's to clarify the thread from simply "Bruce Carter" to "Bruce Carter played well"
I know you guys pretty well by now, so I know it's always with good intentions. :)