Did Nagy pass Arkin?

Bigtommyb

Reaction score
CanadianCowboy2;4057163 said:
I am hearing all Nagy news this week which is positive given we can't develop O-lineman in this league but I don't hear any Arkin news.

I thought Arkin did a solid job in the last game. Any news items on him this week?

I'd love to see Free-Arkin-Costa-Kosier-Smith start this year.

It's probably more of Arkin started last week and was solid. So this week let's look at Nagy and evaluate off that? I would think it's that!

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
When the decision was made the Cowboys said that Nagy would get the start and that it wasn't because someone else slipped. They just want to get a better look at some good potential with Bill.

Thinking is that Arkin and Costa still have a clear edge.

The OLine is starting to look like Redstiens theory of relativity which proves time travel is possible, because so far this year the OLine couldn't have worked out better.

Eskimo

Reaction score
RS12;4057743 said:
Uh, didnt somebody post an interview with Jerry yesterday where he wasnt happy with guys that came to camp out of shape. (Holland this means you) I dont see him being here Sept 10.

My own suspicion is they are waiting for Holland to get out of the trainer's room so they can cut him and not pay out an injury settlement.

natesboys051

Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy;4058230 said:
When the decision was made the Cowboys said that Nagy would get the start and that it wasn't because someone else slipped. They just want to get a better look at some good potential with Bill.

Thinking is that Arkin and Costa still have a clear edge.

The OLine is starting to look like Redstiens theory of relativity which proves time travel is possible, because so far this year the OLine couldn't have worked out better.

I agree that Arkin has already proved in camp and our first preseason game that he can play at this level and that he will only get better under our new (and former) strength coach. More interestingly, Nagy (OG, C, TE, possible goal-line FB) and Parnell (LT prospect) appear to be REAL diamonds in the rough who's performance thus far have Jerrah and staff really giddy and excited for sure. Is it possible that we've HIT on four potential starting OL starters (Tyron, Arkin, Nagy, Parnell) this year and on Phil Costa from last year???

My God, no wonder Jerrah and staff are pinching themselves (and their wallets). If we can go from the SLOWEST OL in the NFL to one of the quickest OL (and gain some NFL game experience this year), we definitely have a fighter's chance to compete at a high level with the Packers, Eagles, Giants, Saints, and Falcons for the foreseeable future. Worst case scenario, we've picked up some NFL caliber OL depth in this draft and UDFA signing period. Yes, the young guys all NEED to beef up in the upper-body (especially when comparing our 4 young picks to established veteran NFL Linemen with their massive girth & incredible strength gained in their respective team's offseason workout program). :bicep::bicep::bicep:

jchap

Reaction score
gimmesix;4057658 said:
Poor Costa, if he wasn't a T-Rex, he probably would be already making better money somewhere.

2nuiuco.jpg

To be fair, his arms are abnormally short for his body.