Did our Defense scare our Offensive Playcalling???

dcjules

Reaction score
In hearing the announcers (Troy and Joe dkkhead) talk about how Dallas didnt attack the secondary for Seattle, then to see Rex throw that 68 yard TD, I started thinking....due to the play of our defense thelast month, did we go conservative foe fear of them being on the field more.....obvioulsy a solid running game in always key.....but with our so-called stars (Owens/Glenn/Witten) playing againts a JV unit, why oh why didnt we attack????

I think we went conservative because our Defense couldnt stop anyone???? just a thought!!!

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
holy crap now our receivers and tight end are "so called stars"
Holy crap what was this place like in the 5-11 years?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcjules;1312851 said:
In hearing the announcers (Troy and Joe dkkhead) talk about how Dallas didnt attack the secondary for Seattle, then to see Rex throw that 68 yard TD, I started thinking....due to the play of our defense thelast month, did we go conservative foe fear of them being on the field more.....obvioulsy a solid running game in always key.....but with our so-called stars (Owens/Glenn/Witten) playing againts a JV unit, why oh why didnt we attack????

I think we went conservative because our Defense couldnt stop anyone???? just a thought!!!

Why we didn't throw against a depleted secondary is anyone's guess. You'd think a HOF fat@$$ coach might take advantage of that type of situation but when you're over the hill...you're over the hill. The guy is a waste of skin.

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
stealth;1312854 said:
holy crap now our receivers and tight end are "so called stars"
Holy crap what was this place like in the 5-11 years?

Those stars really played well against Seattle did't they. I thing JW had 56 yarrds and was the LEADING recevier. They are not fading by any means however in that game they faded.

Seatle is NOT a good team

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
No the Oline did. Go look at the game again and see how much pressure Seattle was generating with their front 4.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Canadian BoyzFan;1312967 said:
Our conservative Offensive kead to a tentative Defense. My hope is our next HC is an OC.

Care to guess where we came out in points scored this year compared to the rest of the league?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sarge;1312977 said:
Care to guess where we came out in points scored this year compared to the rest of the league?

Amen to that.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Sarge;1312865 said:
Why we didn't throw against a depleted secondary is anyone's guess. You'd think a HOF fat@$$ coach might take advantage of that type of situation but when you're over the hill...you're over the hill. The guy is a waste of skin.
Hey Sarge, I've been meaning to ask what you thought about Parcells... ;)

But on the thread, yes, I think that's always a part of Parcells' plans unless he really thinks we're overmatched and have to take some chances to score enough. He's always wanted to protect his defense like that.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;1312977 said:

Ranked #4 in the league at 425 pts scored for the year w/an avg of 26.6 pts.

Not sure what that means to the discussion. Just adding the numbers.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;1313000 said:
Hey Sarge, I've been meaning to ask what you thought about Parcells...

He's got big T%$# - I'll give him that.

;)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;1313003 said:

Exactly.........so why we would need an OC as our next headcoach instead of a defenisve minded coach is beyond me - given the fact that we couldn't stop Cherry Valley High School at this point in time.

jordan20

Reaction score
sbuscha;1312958 said:
Those stars really played well against Seattle did't they. I thing JW had 56 yarrds and was the LEADING recevier. They are not fading by any means however in that game they faded.

Seatle is NOT a good team

The Seattle team that is leading the #1 seed on the road?????????

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
jordan20;1313020 said:
The Seattle team that is leading the #1 seed on the road?????????
A Seattle team that LOST the game because they could not cover a long pass to the middle....MY POINT EXACTLY!!!

coogrfan

Reaction score
Doomsday;1312976 said:
No the Oline did. Go look at the game again and see how much pressure Seattle was generating with their front 4.

Bingo. You can't go down the field if the qb is consistently getting knocked on his butt.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1313003 said:

Should have been higher. IMO the offense underachieved, despite putting up relatively good numbers. They could have done better.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ChldsPlay;1313277 said:
Should have been higher. IMO the offense underachieved, despite putting up relatively good numbers. They could have done better.

The offense could have done better........the defense couldn't have been worse...........