Did Our New Lb Play

MRTRIPOD

Reaction score
dont see him having any stats in the box score, I thought he was a tackle machine, so i am guessing he was not active

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MRTRIPOD said:
dont see him having any stats in the box score, I thought he was a tackle machine, so i am guessing he was not active

he played on special teams...never saw him on D...did see Ogbogu out there on D some

I bet Fugita gets some time Monday night...Singleton was pretty lousy

David

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Burnett was held out. 2-3 weeks for an scope on his knee? I cant remember.

Ware played. He wasnt huge out there. They double teamed him pretty regularly. They also thru in a OL playing TE in diff formation that confused him a bit at times. Hes learning. He will get there.

He was a breath from Breese a few times. He certainly wasnt making things easy for Breese back there today.

Oh yah....Steak Fajita....no I didnt see him on D but on ST. Cant wait to see him play.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
he played on special teams...never saw him on D...did see Ogbogu out there on D some

I bet Fugita gets some time Monday night...Singleton was pretty lousy

David

Does anyone know why Singleton was the blitzer on so many plays? That's not exactly his strength. If they were simply going to blitz him then Fujita should have eplaced him on a play or two.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
yea Fujita is probably going to work out much better for us than singleton in the 3-4, can't wait to see him

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Fujita is a player, im sure he was held out on d bc we have guys there who are more ready to contribute...knowing the plays and all.

Any one think Canty looks way bigger than listed 280? He has Peppers like guns.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I'm excited about getting Fujita, Burnett and Price out there eventually even limited roles. Just add to the bench production.

50cent

Reaction score
We're deep at every position and guys will start to produce even more with the way BP is rotating guys in and out. Our overall depth is good and it will get scary once the rooks settle down and just play. Our DL rotation IMO is what really won us the game in the end. It keep our Dl fresh.

MRTRIPOD

Reaction score
just upsets me that we didnt get the sacks we should have..esp at the end of the game...we alwasy get CLOSE, but the other teams QB's always seems to get teh ball off right b4 the hit comes

JDSmith

Reaction score
MRTRIPOD said:
just upsets me that we didnt get the sacks we should have..esp at the end of the game...we alwasy get CLOSE, but the other teams QB's always seems to get teh ball off right b4 the hit comes

Brees was only sacked 18 times all of last year. They allowed him to be sacked once every 23 pass attempts. They returned all of their offensive linemen from last year and today we sacked Brees once every 18 attempts. So he's a tough QB to get to, and we got to him more than most. On a couple of the close plays he just showed good awareness and stepped up in the pocket, we didn't have the middle pressure to prevent that today. But overall he was hurried a good bit and knocked around, even though we didn't get as many sacks as we'd like. And it showed up in his stats. He threw 7 picks all of last year, he threw 2 against us today. Last year he had a 104 QB rating, today he had a 65. He also only completed 51% of his passes against us. Now a large portion of that IMO is the absence of Gates, but you play who they line up and I don't think our D did a bad job against Brees. The pressure paid off, and this is only the beginning.

kmd24

Reaction score
Dallas said:
Ware played. He wasnt huge out there. They double teamed him pretty regularly. They also thru in a OL playing TE in diff formation that confused him a bit at times. Hes learning. He will get there.

He was a breath from Breese a few times. He certainly wasnt making things easy for Breese back there today.

Ware sprung Glover for Glover's sack. The guard left Glover to pick up a stunting Ware.

deadrody

Reaction score
50cent said:
We're deep at every position and guys will start to produce even more with the way BP is rotating guys in and out. Our overall depth is good and it will get scary once the rooks settle down and just play. Our DL rotation IMO is what really won us the game in the end. It keep our Dl fresh.
The rotation allowed by this level of depth is really important. That will keep our linemen fresh at the end of the game. Reminds me of the Super Bowl years when they had Haley, Tolbert, Casillas, Maryland, Jimmy Jones, and Jeffcoat. Hennings and Lett were on that team too, but couldn't even sniff the field.

Smith22

Reaction score
You have to love the depth we have across the DLine. Canty, Spears, Ellis, Fergy, Glover, Coleman... Man, I love it. I also noticed we moved Ware back and forth between SLB and WLB, trying to keep the defense guessing and limit them running at him I would think.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
Canty looked good. Notice after the starting defense with Glover and Ellis gave up the running yards on the first score by SD the next time the defense played it was Ferg - Spears and Canty and they stuffed the run.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Bungarian said:
Canty looked good. Notice after the starting defense with Glover and Ellis gave up the running yards on the first score by SD the next time the defense played it was Ferg - Spears and Canty and they stuffed the run.

The runs to the left that I saw had Ware out of position and being yelled at by BP. In the 1st quarter mainly.