Did our team seem fresher in the 4th quarter?

Ferrumz

Reaction score
Is it just me or did it seem like our whole team just seemed fresh in the fourth quarter whereas the Giants seemed to be wearing down? I could be wrong but it seemed like the Giants pass rush slowed down in the fourth quarter whereas our D was still flying all over the field. I could be wrong, thoughts?

Wood

Reaction score
I think it was the biggest difference in game. Their conditioning looked very good for full game.

Reaction score
I'm sure Felix Jones wasn't. I'm sure his fat a** was about to die after his one kickoff return and zero touches on offense.

robjgrif

Reaction score
The Cowboys did look fresher. In Oxnard Garrett had the team doing wind sprints after practice each day. Looks like it payed off.

MoClaiborne24

Reaction score
It seemed that they were. Definitely played like it.

Garrett mentioned something about it in his post-game speech.

BLUESTAR1986

Reaction score
I would say having Demarco smashing in to their D all game makes a difference. That guy is a powerful weapon and may just be the very thing this team has been missing. With the amount of guys that missed time during the pre-season i though we would have struggled to keep up at the end of the game but full credit to team they really sent out a message.

No easy wins gonna come against us anymore!

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
a consistant running game does that, offensive linemen would rather run block than pass block

burmafrd

Reaction score
the giants were unable to platoon their D line as usual due to injuries. They clearly wore out in the 4th.

Did not really see any other evidence of Giants being gassed or us being not gassed especially

wittenacious

Reaction score
I sure thought we looked it. Commented on it in the Game-Day 2nd Half thread, as it looked obvious to me during the game.

And I give credit to the way Garrett ran his camp. He pushed the guys hard, to the point of having the guys running wind sprints at the end of practices. He said the guys had bought into it, also. All good.

I'm sure Woicik & staff helped make it possible too. I take nothing away from Mike's participation. Love having him back.

Just another reason to be excited about this team's toughness this season. Keep it up, 'Boys.

Edit: Here is a commentary I found on the subject:

Commentary
Jason Garrett wants mental edge
Cowboys focused on finishing strong after struggling in big moments last season

By Jean-Jacques Taylor | ESPNDallas.com | Updated: August 3, 2012, 1:18 PM ET

OXNARD, Calif. -- At the end of each practice at training camp, Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett puts his players through a series of sprints.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...coach-jason-garrett-preaches-mental-toughness

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I think the run game had something to do with it. Dallas had roughly a nine minute advantage in time of possession and, unlike previous years, their FB and RB are a load to take on. Vickers was really hitting players and Murray was making people pay for tackling him.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Joe Rod;4714668 said:
I think the run game had something to do with it. Dallas had roughly a nine minute advantage in time of possession and, unlike previous years, their FB and RB are a load to take on. Vickers was really hitting players and Murray was making people pay for tackling him.

Yeah it was more than just "we ran more at practice and so had more stamina". The Cowboys pounded the Giants from the 2nd quarter on, they were physical both on offense and defense, and the Giants looked a little mentally unsure, not just physically worn down.

I don't know if you can count on that happenening next time we both meet up but it's great to start off the season executing pretty well (other than penalties) and able to impose your will on the other team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MoClaiborne24;4714726 said:
Good one :laugh2:

Wonder what kind of leadership the 0-16 Lions had?

I thought I saw Eli wearing his hat backwards as well. Not sure. And Coughlin play calling sucked down at the goal line. 2 runs in a row getting stuffed. He should have called a play that worked. :lmao:

MoClaiborne24

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4714731 said:
I thought I saw Eli wearing his hat backwards as well. Not sure. And Coughlin play calling sucked down at the goal line. 2 runs in a row getting stuffed. He should have called a play that worked. :lmao:

My thoughts exactly :lmao2:

I think when Romo wins a Super Bowl he should wear his hat backwards during the trophy ceremony.

tony-romo-wedding.jpg

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keystone_Heavy;4714573 said:
I'm sure Felix Jones wasn't. I'm sure his fat a** was about to die after his one kickoff return and zero touches on offense.

More proof that message boards can dig up the negative on any subject.:banghead:

newlander

Reaction score
garrett316;4714622 said:
two words: Mike Woicik

..........Damien Woody was PRAISING Woicik to high heaven on ESPN today...it was Cowturd's show: you could tell that Cowturd had never hear of him:lmao: ....when I read that Garrett got Woicik back I was ELATED...still am