Did People Ask How WR’s Felt When We Had Amari?

817Gill

Reaction score
I don’t understand the idea that CD or Gallup would feel slighted or be upset with Odell brought in. Like we literally had Amari with them for two seasons and this wasn’t an issue lol. Now all of a sudden having 3 good WR’s is some sort of slight towards Gallup and Lamb?

Do we not understand that 11 personnel is a common package and having three WR’s who can threaten a defense is good? Are we really content with Noah Brown as not only a 3 but as a starter in case one of the top guys go down? What’s even stranger is both Gallup and Ceedee have welcomed OBJ publicly as the rest of the team has.Y’all think the team is going to hype Odell knowing Lamb and Gallup would be upset lol? You don’t think teammates talk?

Heck, Ceedee just had an interview where he said he grew up watching Odell as an inspiration. These aren’t, “getting Odell rubs us the wrong way” vibes. This is a completely 100% fan manufactured narrative.

The only legitimate argument is health/salary. Obviously if he can’t play up to the guy from last year or wants legit WR1 money it’s a no. But if those aren’t issues the idea that having 3 good WR’s somehow threatens MG and Ceedee is so strange.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t understand the idea that CD or Gallup would feel slighted or be upset with Odell brought in. Like we literally had Amari with them for two seasons and this wasn’t an issue lol. Now all of a sudden having 3 good WR’s is some sort of slight towards Gallup and Lamb?

Do we not understand that 11 personnel is a common package and having three WR’s who can threaten a defense is good? Are we really content with Noah Brown as not only a 3 but as a starter in case one of the top guys go down? What’s even stranger is both Gallup and Ceedee have welcomed OBJ publicly as the rest of the team has.Y’all think the team is going to hype Odell knowing Lamb and Gallup would be upset lol? You don’t think teammates talk?

Heck, Ceedee just had an interview where he said he grew up watching Odell as an inspiration. These aren’t, “getting Odell rubs us the wrong way” vibes. This is a completely 100% fan manufactured narrative.

The only legitimate argument is health/salary. Obviously if he can’t play up to the guy from last year or wants legit WR1 money it’s a no. But if those aren’t issues the idea that having 3 good WR’s somehow threatens MG and Ceedee is so strange.
It would help CeeDee to learn from a veteran other than Amari.

plymkr

Reaction score
IMO i don’t care what the WRs think, I’m more concerned with OBJ likely being a fraction of the player he used to be and costing a fortune.

Pass.
I'm worried about him costing a fortune but was he ever divisive in the locker room. I remember him being weird and having a temper. Ala, getting into it with Josh Norman and swinging at the kickers net and then asking the kickers net to marry him, that was kind of funny. I just remember early in his career having anger problems but the last 3-4 years seemed to calm down. IDK maybe I'm just remembering what I want to remember. But has there been reports of him dividing the locker room?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Would it? Based off his past not sure OBJ is the kind of guy we want Lamb learning from.

Cooper always kept his nose clean off the field.
Didn’t obj and his dad jsut start ******** all over their qb in Cleveland?

I saw a clip of Odell being welcomed to Cleveland and he noticed baker had some puffy Nipples man boobs under his shirt and went to pinch em. Can’t have that

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think obj will make a huge difference. Maybe in the playoffs. He will be rusty and Dak will have to get timing down with him.
The threat of OBJ will help the other receivers. Defenses will assume he is as good as he was in the playoffs unless he proves he has declined since then.

It all comes down to cost. A 17M per season deal would be 1M per game played on a prorated contract for 2022. That's a max of 6M and more like only 4M or 5M.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm worried about him costing a fortune but was he ever divisive in the locker room. I remember him being weird and having a temper. Ala, getting into it with Josh Norman and swinging at the kickers net and then asking the kickers net to marry him, that was kind of funny. I just remember early in his career having anger problems but the last 3-4 years seemed to calm down. IDK maybe I'm just remembering what I want to remember. But has there been reports of him dividing the locker room?
I think many fans confuse him with Antonio Brown because both have been in the news the past couple of years.

817Gill

Reaction score
Only person who’s ever had a locker room issue with him is Baker. And he’s been crap talked by the likes of Myles Garret, Nick Chubb, and DJ Moore. Think it’s pretty obvious who was the issue there lol.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Noah Brown should be the slighted one. Who disappeared again. Also James Washington who can't get them to activate him.
Brown seems tentative since he returned from missing a game. Even his blocking seems off.

He had a foot injury.

The 10 days off should help him and probably several other players.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn’t obj and his dad jsut start ******** all over their qb in Cleveland?

I saw a clip of Odell being welcomed to Cleveland and he noticed baker had some puffy Nipples man boobs under his shirt and went to pinch em. Can’t have that
Like Haley did in in SF? Gow did that work out?

cnuball21

Reaction score

He was the definition of a diva in NY. Idk about in Cle / LA.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
everyone talks about money...it's 5M dollars for a sure handed 3rd down receiver...even if his legs aren't the same his hands, catch radius and attention will benefit all aspects of our game and mentoring CD with the likes of Amari's route running and now OBJ will only do him more justice going forward

cnuball21

Reaction score
So he could help us win a SB, but you pass...ok

Could he? Dude is on the tail end of his career
coming off his second major surgery.

We’re best when we run the ball and throw out if multiple TE sets.

I’d sign him if I was 100% sure he’s an upgrade of MG but I’m not.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
If OBJ delivers and this team somehow wins a Championship, a ring goes a long way in repairing hurt feelings about playing time.

817Gill

Reaction score
Could he? Dude is on the tail end of his career
coming off his second major surgery.

We’re best when we run the ball and throw out if multiple TE sets.

I’d sign him if I was 100% sure he’s an upgrade of MG but I’m not.
If MG or CD is injured, are you happy with Brown and Tolbert as starters? Would you want to have to cut down the playbook and be much more predictable? Do you trust Tolbert with extended snaps at this point? Do you trust Washington?

cnuball21

Reaction score
If MG or CD is injured, are you happy with Brown and Tolbert as starters? Would you want to have to cut down the playbook and be much more predictable? Do you trust Tolbert with extended snaps at this point?

Every team in the NFL could say this…