Did People Ask How WR’s Felt When We Had Amari?

817Gill

Reaction score
Every team in the NFL could say this…
No lol. Good teams have 3 WR’s. It’s not 1996. Having 3 good WR’s is the goal if you are a top team. Why do you think the Bills and KC want Odell? Why do you think Cincy was so hard to stop? Why did LA want him last year?

And even going on your premise, wouldn’t you want to cover your behind? Just because other teams don’t have that covered it’s a reason for us not to lol?

Anyone who thinks 2 WR’s is better than 3 is either living in the 90’s or doesn’t think injuries exist. We have a potential hole with one injury, I’d much rather be proactive than reactive for once.

cnuball21

Reaction score
No lol. Good teams have 3 WR’s. It’s not 1996. Having 3 good WR’s is the goal if you are a top team. Why do you think the Bills and KC want Odell? Why do you think Cincy was so hard to stop? Why did LA want him last year?

And even going on your premise, wouldn’t you want to cover your behind? Just because other teams don’t have that covered it’s a reason for us not to lol?

Anyone who thinks 2 WR’s is better than 3 is either living in the 90’s or doesn’t think injuries exist. We have a potential hole with one injury, I’d much rather be proactive than reactive for once.

Agree for the most part…but we have the number 1 offense in football since Dak has been back. How much impact has Noah Brown had in those wins as our #3?

So we’re gonna give OBJ millions to be an insurance policy?

Again, I’ll pass.

817Gill

Reaction score
Agree for the most part…but we have the number 1 offense in football since Dak has been back. How much impact has Noah Brown had in those wins as our #3?

So we’re gonna give OBJ millions to be an insurance policy?

Again, I’ll pass.
There will come a time when we play a team that wrangles CD and MG and we need someone else to make a play. That’s what Odell did for LA.

We also have 22M in cap space. If the deal isn’t long term then why do we care about using 5M?

Barring unhealthiness or a bad contract, I don’t see the trepidation in adding a threat at WR3. Would you have felt this way had we brought in Cooks for 18M?

cnuball21

Reaction score
There will come a time when we play a team that wrangles CD and MG and we need someone else to make a play. That’s what Odell did for LA.

We also have 22M in cap space. If the deal isn’t long term then why do we care about using 5M?

Barring unhealthiness or a bad contract, I don’t see the trepidation in adding a threat at WR3. Would you have felt this way had we brought in Cooks for 18M?

If a team “wrangles” CD and MG and all of our TEs and stops the run we deserve to lose.

Heck yea I would’ve loved Cooks - the Texans would’ve had to eat some salary but he hasn’t had 2 major injuries like OBJ. You’re assuming he’s going to come back and be as good as he was last year which is a risk. It also sets us back financially for the next year or so.

Pass.

Proof

Reaction score
I don’t understand the idea that CD or Gallup would feel slighted or be upset with Odell brought in. Like we literally had Amari with them for two seasons and this wasn’t an issue lol. Now all of a sudden having 3 good WR’s is some sort of slight towards Gallup and Lamb?

Do we not understand that 11 personnel is a common package and having three WR’s who can threaten a defense is good? Are we really content with Noah Brown as not only a 3 but as a starter in case one of the top guys go down? What’s even stranger is both Gallup and Ceedee have welcomed OBJ publicly as the rest of the team has.Y’all think the team is going to hype Odell knowing Lamb and Gallup would be upset lol? You don’t think teammates talk?

Heck, Ceedee just had an interview where he said he grew up watching Odell as an inspiration. These aren’t, “getting Odell rubs us the wrong way” vibes. This is a completely 100% fan manufactured narrative.

The only legitimate argument is health/salary. Obviously if he can’t play up to the guy from last year or wants legit WR1 money it’s a no. But if those aren’t issues the idea that having 3 good WR’s somehow threatens MG and Ceedee is so strange.

amari was here before ceedee and brought in during gallups rookie season.

it's not about having 3 receivers, the question comes from how desperate they sound courting him. especially after kicking amari to the curb and banking on relying on these two. i doubt they're bothered, but it's not an odd sentiment to ponder

817Gill

Reaction score
If a team “wrangles” CD and MG and all of our TEs and stops the run we deserve to lose.

Heck yea I would’ve loved Cooks - the Texans would’ve had to eat some salary but he hasn’t had 2 major injuries like OBJ. You’re assuming he’s going to come back and be as good as he was last year which is a risk. It also sets us back financially for the next year or so.

Pass.
My post said barring him being unhealthy or asking for too much. If you feel like going into next year with 17M sets us back financially then I don’t know what to tell you. That’s an insane amount to roll over and only Diggs to sign. Ceedee and Micah are both a year or two out.

Again, if he’s healthy and doesn’t demand a large multi-year deal it only helps. If we have a chance to make ourselves better and don’t, that’s when we deserve to lose. Teams like San Fran are built to go toe to toe with us, any advantage helps.

cnuball21

Reaction score
My post said barring him being unhealthy or asking for too much. If you feel like going into next year with 17M sets us back financially then I don’t know what to tell you. That’s an insane amount to roll over and only Diggs to sign. Ceedee and Micah are both a year or two out.

Again, if he’s healthy and doesn’t demand a large multi-year deal it only helps. If we have a chance to make ourselves better and don’t, that’s when we deserve to lose. Teams like San Fran are built to go toe to toe with us, any advantage helps.

He’s going to require a multi year deal. Zero chance he signs for anything less.

The chance to make ourselves better was the offseason and trade deadline, where per the usual, the Jones were terrible.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think many fans confuse him with Antonio Brown because both have been in the news the past couple of years.
Many probably remember his "love/hate relationship" with the kicking net and that the NYG traded him away.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They didn't have to ask Beasley, he said were getting open and set himself up to be ejected. No one disses the crown prince.

No player in the history of the NFL has parlayed one catch/play into legendary status as he did.

He is a very good WR when healthy, how healthy is he going to be this season?