Did people really think this team would make a run?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tired of being pessimistic. I want to believe they can make a run, win 1 playoff game. I had us 8-9 before the season and that's what i'll have us down for next year.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
53 year fan here.

:clap:

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week.

Levity aside, while it pains me to say it, I've reached my limit. While I have said all year I had zero expectations, either good or bad, even that has now fallen by the wayside. While I'll still post here, as far as being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, until they win another SB, or until Jerry Jones is no longer the gm, I am resigning the position.

All my Cowboys clothing, vehicle license plates, yard signs/flags etc. are going in storage. I'll need to get a new cell phone case, some new hoodies and new coffee cups to use.

And before anyone says if I come back to being a fan I'm a "bandwagon" fan, no sir! (Or Ma'am, whichever fits). I have EARNED THE RIGHT to take a hiatus. I've stood by the Can't win the big One days, the 3-13 Landry-type season, the 5-11 Campo-type seasons and the 4-15-Garrett-type seasons.

You want me as a Cowboys fan Jerry?

SELL THE TEAM OR HIRE A GM.

Until then, kiss my grits...
Pretty much sums my feelings up as well. Been a fan for over 50 years. I’ll continue to follow and be a fan, but not care near as much. It’s just not that important to me anymore.

Adreme

Reaction score
They were never going to beat the Packers/Rams/Cardinals/Buccs. Those teams were simply on another level. Dallas had too many glaring weaknesses to be making a playoff run. Hopefully they can at least address some of them in the draft because there will not be any cap room to do so via free agency.

Hardline

Reaction score
At no point did I think the Cowboys were winning against SF
I know this team like the back of my hand.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I was hoping for a miracle but this team showed us who they were when they played good teams.

bewp7

Reaction score
no

but i did hope they would

i knew they would not tho

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Anybody who watched this team play in the second half of the season could have told you this team was one and done.
Fans must have really bought into the SB hype earlier in the year to be this disappointed with the outcome.
I expected this team to get blown out like the Eagles did so I was pleasantly surprised to see them fight.
I said weeks ago that unless our running game returns to the form it had earlier this year...nothing else will matter. Well. We forced Zeke onto the field instead of letting him get healthy. Pollard is playing on 1 foot. With no running game we were never winning more than 1 game this postseason.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Not me. I was still skeptical when we won all those games in a row. I just felt as sense of dread when we went up against good teams. Why? This organization has no Championship consciousness and mindset, no Championship attitude, and certainly do not have a Championship culture. This conversation will continue as long as the same current culture continues.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Was hopeful, but far from confident.

They really could have been blown out yesterday if Shanahan wasn't so conservative protecting the lead and his QB. There were a number of 4th and shorts that I thought the 49ers had a good chance to convert.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did not think they would make a run but I did think they would win this game.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Anybody who watched this team play in the second half of the season could have told you this team was one and done.
Fans must have really bought into the SB hype earlier in the year to be this disappointed with the outcome.
I expected this team to get blown out like the Eagles did so I was pleasantly surprised to see them fight.
I never thought they were a championship team and we've had just enough flash teams Like this in the last 25 years that I knew better than to believe.

The only player on the team with any testicular fortitude is Parsons but the country club atmosphere with cowboys is going to soften him up too.

Zman5

Reaction score
I thought we would at least win the first game and go from there.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The Dallas Prescott fans did.

Us Dallas Cowboys fans knew what our weaknesses was years ago and knew that weakness always looks the same against good teams.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I thought they might have a chance playing the Cardinals because they just played them but when I saw they were getting the 49rs I knew this would happen. 49ers have better run game, QB makes key throws and their defense is solid. They are seasoned from playing in a tough division.
Horrible matchup for Dallas.

Redline360

Reaction score
After the second half I had no doubt we weren't going to go to the superbowl. I however figured we would of beat SF then end there

willia451

Reaction score
Yes. A reasonable goal for this core with the regular season they had was a NFCCG appearance.

Having said that. The fact they couldn't get past the first round starting with a playoff game at home is not unexpected. Just take a look at the history.