Did Procter backup center last year or was that

hendog

Reaction score
Berger. I was tinking it was Berger. I think the 2 FA's Travis Bright and Greg Isdander may both be better and cheaper than Procter who was a FA himself.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
hendog;2757104 said:
Berger. I was tinking it was Berger. I think the 2 FA's Travis Bright and Greg Isdander may both be better and cheaper than Procter who was a FA himself.

Berger was the backup center

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Pretty sure Proctor was the backup C on gamedays, I dont recall Berger being active much, if any.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967;2757297 said:
Pretty sure Proctor was the backup C on gamedays, I dont recall Berger being active much, if any.
Both, but this is more accurate. If Gurode had gone down Proctor would have been the Center.

Smith22

Reaction score
A glaring weakness. Gurode needs to stay healthy. Better depth at OT wouldn't hurt either, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

khiladi

Reaction score
Proctor essentially backed up nobody, and nobody was better than him...

Woods

Reaction score
hendog;2757104 said:

The problem is that I don't think either Bright or Isdander have played Center, so I don't see us being able to replace Proctor this year (with either of these two guys).

That's probably why we wanted Unger. He could have played Center and Guard, and we could have possibly saved a roster space (as well as improved depth).

That said, maybe Bright or Isdander can learn the Center position this year and next year be in a position to challenge Proctor.

Tobal

Reaction score
The fact that I could watch TV coverage and see Proctor either blowing assignments or getting blown up repeatedly leaves me little comfort knowing he'll probably make our final roster.

The guy is neither physically nor technically good. How do we keep a guy like that. I find it hard to believe we can't find better off the scrap heap /rant off

jchap2k

Reaction score
Tobal;2757451 said:
The fact that I could watch TV coverage and see Proctor either blowing assignments or getting blown up repeatedly leaves me little comfort knowing he'll probably make our final roster.

The guy is neither physically nor technically good. How do we keep a guy like that. I find it hard to believe we can't find better off the scrap heap /rant off

Remember that pre-mature snap that resulted in a safety (can't remember who it was against...)? All the others on the line responded to the snap, but Proctor was still in his stance after the play was over and looked back at Romo on the ground with a "*** are you doing on the ground" look on his face.

Tobal

Reaction score
I remember it, hell I wake up shaking and screaming recalling some of Procters highlights.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Procter was listed on our depth chart as the backup center, with Joe Berger third-string.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Woods;2757443 said:
The problem is that I don't think either Bright or Isdander have played Center, so I don't see us being able to replace Proctor this year (with either of these two guys).

That's probably why we wanted Unger. He could have played Center and Guard, and we could have possibly saved a roster space (as well as improved depth).

That said, maybe Bright or Isdander can learn the Center position this year and next year be in a position to challenge Proctor.

Unger could also back up at OT.

But I hesitate to provide any information or even give an opinion on Hawaii players, and have my loyalties, intelligence or my even my ethnicity called out.:rolleyes:

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I bet we look on the Waiver wire come TC for a backup Center.

hendog

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2757526 said:

Honestly could Kosier not back up center esp. if he's already supposedly making the line calls?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
hendog;2757659 said:
Honestly could Kosier not back up center esp. if he's already supposedly making the line calls?

I have asked the same question. But has this been confirmed, or is this internet rumor? I just don't recall seeing this info in an article.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I doubt very seriously Procter gets on the field again this year unless we get desimated with injuries again like last year.

If Holland becomes the starter like I think he will than Kosier will be backing up both spots.

Im sure right now Holland could play RG in a pinch as well.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jchap2k;2757464 said:
Remember that pre-mature snap that resulted in a safety (can't remember who it was against...)? All the others on the line responded to the snap, but Proctor was still in his stance after the play was over and looked back at Romo on the ground with a "*** are you doing on the ground" look on his face.
Tobal;275468 said:
I remember it, hell I wake up shaking and screaming recalling some of Procters highlights.

:laugh2: :lmao: :lmao2: :bow:

When they bulldoze Texas Stadium, I wouldn't be surprised if Proctor is still in his stance as she comes down.

Tobal

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2757526 said:

I don't know they gave him a tender and it seems like they like him... if anything bothers me about the front office and coaching staff it's Cory Procter.... am I this off? Are you other guys ok with him?