Did Quinn, in his suspension, just save Taco a roster spot?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you think Qiunn in his suspension possibly saves Taco a roster spot. For at least a few weeks?

Supposedly Taco has looked decent at times in TC. And usually a team will give a 1st round draft pick his 3rd year anyway. And Taco is not as horrible as many on here say. However he has been underwhelming to many fans expectations. Now are those expectations unfair. I don’t know and can’t say.

But with Quinn out with a broken hand for TC and suspended 2 games and DLaw out until game one. Taco needs to take advantage and shine from here on out. He and Hyder and Armstrong.

What do you all think?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you think Qiunn in his suspension possibly saves Taco a roster spot. For at least a few weeks?

Supposedly Taco has looked decent at times in TC. And usually a team will give a 1st round draft pick his 3rd year anyway. And Taco is not as horrible as many on here say. However he has been underwhelming to many fans expectations. Now are those expectations unfair. I don’t know and can’t say.

But with Quinn out with a broken hand for TC and suspended 2 games and DLaw out until game one. Taco needs to take advantage and shine from here on out. He and Hyder and Armstrong.

What do you all think?
Maybe, maybe not.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What do you all think?
Taco is muy bueno. Too early to let him go.

Mr_437

Reaction score
This has given Charlton to 2 game audition, at least.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hope Joe Jackson lights it up. Opportunity for him to prove he is better than Taco, which college film shows he should be.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What do you all think?

I think it might have made Crawford at roster lock; whereas, Crawford and his 7M salary were not a sure thing if Quinn was the starter at RDE because M.Collins and Hill project as the top two 3-tech DTs.

They could still cut non Vested Veterans like Taco when Quinn returns.

It's not all bad when a DLineman is suspended for a couple of games. It makes roster management decisions easier. Many roster issues after game 2; whereas, it's chaos on cut day.

If they want to put a player on IR and then bring him back during the season, he must make the initial cut. They can then sign or re-sign a player to add back to the 53. All of that is easier if a player is suspended for a week or two.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

What do you all think?
I dont think he was really at risk to begin with. Unless Gregory comes back or Armstrong comes on, he will probably be the #3 DE this year and get 400 to 500 snaps. Even if he is pushed down the roster and they want to make room for Jackson, I think Hyder and/or Crawford would get cut before him

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

What do you all think?

He probably saved one end a spot because we've simply got too many who are at least flashing: Hyder, Armstrong, Jelks, Jackson, Charlton, which would put us at seven with Lawrence and Quinn. I had us carrying five (and five DTs).

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He is as far as camp or where he is projected to play week 1?

I know in camp he has been playing LDE with the first team for Lawrence. Did he move over due to Quinn's injury?

That appears to be the case. I guess since Lawrence is expected to be back to start the season while Quinn isn't due to the suspension, we're giving Charlton the chance to be next man up.