Did Quinn, in his suspension, just save Taco a roster spot?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys gave Rico Gathers 3 years so I don't see why they wouldn't give Taco three. That said, he needs to give them a reason to give him a 4th.

There is a sizable difference though. The first is that for 2 seasons the Cowboys were able to stash Rico on the practice squad or IR and didn't have to use a spot on the active roster for him, and the second is with Rico they had the task of developing a guy that hadn't played football since he was 13 years old, so they knew it would take more time.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He better take advantage of this opportunity cause it may be his last.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
There are about 70 players that would be cut from the current camp before the name Taco even comes up. So no, this didn't do anything one way or the other for Taco, as he is in no danger of being cut, unless he just starts mailing it in and gives up his NFL career.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Do you think Qiunn in his suspension possibly saves Taco a roster spot. For at least a few weeks?

Supposedly Taco has looked decent at times in TC. And usually a team will give a 1st round draft pick his 3rd year anyway. And Taco is not as horrible as many on here say. However he has been underwhelming to many fans expectations. Now are those expectations unfair. I don’t know and can’t say.

But with Quinn out with a broken hand for TC and suspended 2 games and DLaw out until game one. Taco needs to take advantage and shine from here on out. He and Hyder and Armstrong.

What do you all think?

The Taco is not yet stale, his meat has not turned green; but his cheese has begun to slip off of his jalapenos.

MTerrazzano

Reaction score
i think it saves Taco. I also think it moves T.Crawford back into the starting role at RDE. Week One and Two game day active DE's will be T. Law; T. Crawford, Armstrong, Taco.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Many in this forum give up on players too quickly. Byron Jones, Jaylon Smith, Dak Prescott, Lael Collins, Sean Lee, Jeff Heath, DeMarcus Lawrence, etc.