Did Red save his job last night?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hostile;4877353 said:
It's as close as you can get.
Can you say with 100% certainty Garrett is safe no matter what even if they lose the last four games, not just lose, but embarrassed?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dexternjack;4877357 said:
Can you say with 100% certainty Garrett is safe no matter what even if they lose the last four games, not just lose, but embarrassed?
Nothing is 100% in football. I am 95% sure there is no chance he is gone. None, zero, zip, nada.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Hostile;4877375 said:
No idea what this is supposed to mean or tell me.

It was your word choice. I knew what you really meant, but it almost sounded like you were saying, "I'm 95 percent certain that I'm 100 percent certain."

That's all. :D

MagicMan

Reaction score
LOLL, anyone who says they know what Jerry is going to do is just inflating their own ego.....NO ONE, not even Jerry knows what he is going to do 100%. He flys by the seat of his pants most of the time. Rolls the dice kind of guy. .... If the pressure is there, Jerry will throw someone else under the bus than put that noose around his neck.

He's like a dammm cockroach, a survivor....that does just enough to deflect any of the blame. Someone else will fall, certainly not him. But I think if Garrett finishes 8-8 he is safe.....as usual another mediocre season that can be blamed on injuries, bad luck and its a process. How wonderful...:rolleyes:

How dare we have high expectations from this group. That is MY HUNCH, and I am right 100% of the time, 54% of the time.

venky

Reaction score
MagicMan;4877378 said:
LOLL, anyone who says they know what Jerry is going to do is just inflating their own ego.....NO ONE, not even Jerry knows what he is going to do 100%. He flys by the seat of his pants most of the time. Rolls the dice kind of guy. .... If the pressure is there, Jerry will throw someone else under the bus than put that noose around his neck.

He's like a dammm cockroach, a survivor....that does just enough to deflect any of the blame. Someone else will fall, certainly not him. But I think if Garrett finishes 8-8 he is safe.....as usual another mediocre season that can be blamed on injuries, bad luck and its a process. How wonderful...:rolleyes:

How dare we have high expectations from this group.
:hammer:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4877377 said:
It was your word choice. I knew what you really meant, but it almost sounded like you were saying, "I'm 95 percent certain that I'm 100 percent certain."

Oh, whatever. Thanks for explaining it. I guess I was just thrown by how to answer 100% certain when I don't believe anyone can be.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4877377 said:

Yep.

And he's probably right... But I'm gonna hold out hope that Jerry comes to his senses. :)

Aven8

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4877387 said:
Yep.

And he's probably right... But I'm gonna hold out hope that Jerry comes to his senses. :)

I hope so to.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Well Hos, I can only assume you love 8-8 teams (or worse), cheering for one of the most undisciplined teams in the league year after year with absolutely zero improvement in that area, defenses that continually come up small when needed the most, and an offense that most often fails to score in the red zone? Does that about sum it up?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Star4Ever;4877405 said:
Well Hos, I can only assume you love 8-8 teams (or worse), cheering for one of the most undisciplined teams in the league year after year with absolutely zero improvement in that area, defenses that continually come up small when needed the most, and an offense that most often fails to score in the red zone? Does that about sum it up?
You can assume I love the Cowboys regardless of their record, and that I actually do keep it real. Does that about sum it up? It should.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4877374 said:
[youtube]pjvQFtlNQ-M[/youtube]

:laugh2:

Dude, the last few weeks have been epic on CZ. I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I have recently at people trying to save face for their own ego. Spinning your tricycle wheels has now been taken to a whole, new level.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Hostile;4877409 said:
You can assume I love the Cowboys regardless of their record, and that I actually do keep it real. Does that about sum it up? It should.

I think we can assume we all do. That's why we're here. What I want is to see some positive changes. We've seen damn few the last three years. Damn few. I don't see how a coach that supposedly relishes discipline can have such an undisciplined team that is prone to self destruction. We beat ourselves more than any other team in the league. We just do and no one can argue otherwise. Don't you agree that we at least need to hire an OC? You have to see that.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Star4Ever;4877431 said:
I think we can assume we all do. That's why we're here. What I want is to see some positive changes. We've seen damn few the last three years. Damn few. I don't see how a coach that supposedly relishes discipline can have such an undisciplined team that is prone to self destruction. We beat ourselves more than any other team in the league. We just do and no one can argue otherwise. Don't you agree that we at least need to hire an OC? You have to see that.
I don't. We have to fix the OL.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Hostile;4877441 said:
I don't. We have to fix the OL.

That much is more than obvious but it's absolutely not the only problem we have. Garrett has blown far too many head coaching calls (clock management, down and distance issues, challenge issues, etc,) because he's had his nose stuck in his play sheet. He needs help. He's taken on far too much for a young, first time head coach. To me, it's just obvious.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Star4Ever;4877458 said:
That much is more than obvious but it's absolutely not the only problem we have. Garrett has blown far too many head coaching calls (clock management, down and distance issues, challenge issues, etc,) because he's had his nose stuck in his play sheet. He needs help. He's taken on far too much for a young, first time head coach. To me, it's just obvious.
Okay. I don't agree. Not sure where to go from here on it. I don't see it the way you do. I'm not going to. You're not going to see it the way I do.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Star4Ever;4877458 said:

:bow:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Hostile;4877477 said:
Okay. I don't agree. Not sure where to go from here on it. I don't see it the way you do. I'm not going to. You're not going to see it the way I do.

I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm just pointing out some of the very basic head coaching mistakes he's made because he's distracted with his play calling duties. That can't even be debated. It's happened numerous times. You watch the games, so you know I'm not just making it up.