Did Romo seem a bit off after Dak injury

zerofill

Reaction score
I don't know what was going on with Romo....maybe he was trying to be professional without showing bias....but there was a point he said "Maybe its a cramp"....I have no idea what he was looking at or if he was just frazzled.

I didn't really focus on his foot for a split second, just him grabbing his calf... then .005 seconds later.. I was like... yeah, that probably isn't a cramp.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I didn't really focus on his foot for a split second, just him grabbing his calf... then .005 seconds later.. I was like... yeah, that probably isn't a cramp.
I agree. I guess I'm just use to Romo finding things out on the telecast before us. Usually the announcers see things before us as viewers can.

zerofill

Reaction score
Yes in fantasy land here Romo was so overcome with emotion that he could barely do his job commentating on the game.

I'm going to guess Romo's a man and you're imagining this. Just like you're imagining what close friends they were years ago.

I don't think Romo looks at it as Dak taking his job... I think he wants to stab Garrett with a fork. I bet if that was Garrett laying there, he wouldn't have missed a step lol.

bigE79

Reaction score
I think the everyone was. The fans, the announcers, etc.

Prescott comes across like a genuinely good guy. He has played for peanuts over the past four years, he has gone through a lot in his personal life and it was just very sad to see, especially when he started crying on the cart as he knew it was serious and that his season was over. But he should be remembered for his initial reaction after the injury happened. He took it look a man mountain and huge respect to him for that.

Longer term he will get paid somewhere regardless - if Teddy Bridgewater got paid and has come back better than ever after his horrific injuries then so will Dak. Whether that's in Dallas is another question - I think it depends on how well Dalton gets on as it will give everyone an idea of how important Prescott is to this offense.
How did he play for peanuts,he was a 4th rd pick and got paid what a 4th rd pick is slotted to make...he played out his contact and is now franchised and making millions.. sorry,I'm not gonna pity anyone making that kind of money.

Swagger

Reaction score
How did he play for peanuts,he was a 4th rd pick and got paid what a 4th rd pick is slotted to make...he played out his contact and is now franchised and making millions.. sorry,I'm not gonna pity anyone making that kind of money.
It's not pity but he played to a level that was worthy of earning more money than he did even on a loaded offense. He hasn't played like a 4th round pick over the past 4 years.

bigE79

Reaction score
It's not pity but he played to a level that was worthy of earning more money than he did even on a loaded offense. He hasn't played like a 4th round pick over the past 4 years.
Weather he did or he didn't,he signed the contract and got paid what he was slotted to be worth..why the need to rush paying? We just did that with smith and zeke while under contract..was that the right thing to do? Hell no
Stat wise,yes.. playoff wise,no..beating teams with winning records,no..he has not done anything more then any qb couldn't have done with all the weapons he was provided.

Swagger

Reaction score
Weather he did or he didn't,he signed the contract and got paid what he was slotted to be worth..why the need to rush paying? We just did that with smith and zeke while under contract..was that the right thing to do? Hell no

Stat wise,yes.. playoff wise,no..beating teams with winning records,no..he has not done anything more then any qb couldn't have done with all the weapons he was provided.

I agree with you.

bigE79

Reaction score
I agree with you.
Hey,im not trying to be a jerk,I just don't agree with that underpaid argument...you see my hero worship days are long gone,I'm a dallas cowboys fan for over 40yrs.. players come and go but the star remains.

Cmac

Reaction score
Pretty sure everyone watching had that same reaction. Hard to watch something like that and resume as normal. Plus he knows first hand the ramifications of major injuries.
.....except the part about getting your money.

LocoBates

Reaction score
“Gotta hope that’s a cramp, Jim” While we’re all staring at a foot facing the wrong direction. Worst call ever

Worst post ever!!

Are you sure he was watching the monitor while speaking? what if he was watching down the field? To me it sounded like Romo was in disbelief and hoping for the best-case scenario while watching Dak hold his calf. But I am sure if he had given a full prognosis of the injury and mentioned the word "season ending" you would be criticizing him as well. Same if he hadn't changed his tone and shown same excitement as usual while commenting the rest of the game.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Romo looks at it as Dak taking his job... I think he wants to stab Garrett with a fork. I bet if that was Garrett laying there, he wouldn't have missed a step lol.

He said today that he likes the coaching staff with the Giants. That includes Garrett.