Did Romo take a shot at Bledsoe?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I was listening to Sirius NFL channel today and they played a soundbite from Tony Romo and an interview they did with him. The question or statement was,, Tony, it didn't you long to get TO involved in the game Sunday night..

Tony's response was: I want to get the ball out and into the hands of my WR's. I don't have to hold the ball for 10 minutes to try and make a play, I want the ball out and let the WR go to work.. they will make me look good if I can do that.

My question is.. is that a direct shot at Bledsoe?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
i don't think he meant to but thats who he was referring to most likely:D

Aikbach

Reaction score
Bledsoe isn't the lone QB guilty of that he happens to be the most talented QB guilty of that and so it is magnified.

Reaction score
Aikbach;1138617 said:
Bledsoe isn't the lone QB guilty of that he happens to be the most talented QB guilty of that and so it is magnified.

Yeah yeah, Drew Statue holds the ball too long looking for the big shot downfield, therefore sacks are bound to happen, say what you want...:rolleyes:

Aikbach

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1138625 said:
Yeah yeah, Drew Statue holds the ball too long looking for the big shot downfield, therefore sacks are bound to happen, say what you want...:rolleyes:
I think you are really scratching for material my friend I said nothing of the sort. I said Drew Bledsoe was talented and that he does hold on to the ball too long. There is not a single inaccuracy with that statement.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
First of all let's see Tony Romo plays more then one game befor we put him in the Hall Of Fame..Drew Bledsoe did his best but his best was not good enough . so why will Tony Romo -who still has way to go- take a shot at Drew?Tony is classier than this in my book.Only ESPN will have this kind of interpretations.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboy4ever;1138583 said:
I was listening to Sirius NFL channel today and they played a soundbite from Tony Romo and an interview they did with him. The question or statement was,, Tony, it didn't you long to get TO involved in the game Sunday night..

Tony's response was: I want to get the ball out and into the hands of my WR's. I don't have to hold the ball for 10 minutes to try and make a play, I want the ball out and let the WR go to work.. they will make me look good if I can do that.

A "shot" but a true shot.

I'm sure everyone on the team feels the same way.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
There are statements made when asked a question.....Well, sometimes the simple truth hurts. :)

ghst187

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1138625 said:

There towards the end I was starting to wonder if Drew was really holding the ball looking for a big play....I was wondering if he wasn't holding the ball because he was looking at the passrush too much.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Saying Drew was holding on to the ball too long because he was looking/waiting for the big play is just a glorified version of he looked for one WR and threw it... and when he wasnt throwing to that one WR he threw an INT...

enough glorifying this guy... lets move forward with the new blood... who cares why Drew didnt get it done... he never did... didnt with us... and aint in the future

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1138737 said:
A "shot" but a true shot.

I'm sure everyone on the team feels the same way.

Bingo again. Are you sure you aren't in my head this morning? The "team" has a renewed confidence in a QB that is going to move them in the positive yardage direction. The offensive line has a renewed vigor knowing they can do their jobs in front of a QB that is going to march them down the field. They're excited and it will show in their continued improvement as the season goes on.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Cbz40;1138740 said:
There are statements made when asked a question.....Well, sometimes the simple truth hurts. :)

Amen to that.

Anyone with ounce of objectivity should know that Bledsoe was big reason for OL problems or protection issues, not the only problem of course.

Anytime that was brought up, we had chorus of Bledsoe fans painting that as Bledsoe hatred. I have said before and will say again, Bledsoe effected both Pass protection and Running game. Because Defense could take the risk of all out blitz or pressure getting there before Bledsoe can plant and throw.

Anyway, I am excited finally to see what Romo can do on the long run, especially since I have seen something that I haven't seen previously from Romo. I.e. real zip on the Outs i haven't seen before.

Even then, I think we won't know till mid next year, what Romo will be, till Defenses have time to figure him out.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Remenber, Vinny was also very guilty of holding the ball too long, also. As was Quincy, Hutchinson and Henson.

Romo has been around all of them in the last three years and he's just mirroring what the coaches want to see and what's allowed him to survive to this point..

..quick reads and letting the players play instead of the QB dictating the pace by waiting for big plays downfield.

I think holding the ball is a symptom of all older QBs as their careers go on.

I even saw it in Troy Aikman in his last two years. He took an enormous amount of sacks because he was expecting perfection with our WR's running routes and he didn't adjust to not having Irvin and Novachek out there after they left.

When I think of great QB's, it's guys like Brady, who can adjust and throw to anybody and quickly or Brett Farve, who has had to adapt to a stable full of WR's since Sterling Sharpe retired.

Romo maybe in the same mold because he's had to adapt to numerous WR's while here and got to work with needing to just get the ball out to please the coaches and not so much to favor one WR or another.

We'll see.

parcellswaterboy

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;1138583 said:

TRUTH HURTS SOMETIMES, HOWEVER, NOT LIKE HE IS SAYING SOMETHING EVERYBODY DOESNT ALREADY KNOW.

IF I WAS ROMO, I WOULD BE PISSED THAT DREW KEEPS WHINING ABOUT HOW CHANGING QBs IS A MISTAKE AND THAT ROMO DOES NOT GIVE THE BOYZ THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN.

MAYBE ROMO WAS JUSTING SHUTTING UP DREW WITH A VERBAL BEAT-DOWN.

BEAST LOVES IT:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: