Did Romo's performance today surprise anyone?

Nav22

Reaction score
After last week, so many of you acted like Romo has never delivered in the big moments before and never would. He wasn't clutch. He is a failure in "big moments". He chokes.

So by that standard, shouldn't today's game have been a huge surprise to those naysayers? Seriously, I hope some of you folks have gotten over the shock. Maybe you'll even be able to go back to work in the next couple weeks.

Welcome to October 2006! We have a QB! It's amazing to me how much of the last 5 years some fans will completely forget about.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
He's I a great QB. I knew he had it in him but yes, it did. This was a legendary performance.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We've seen it all with Romo so the types of games he has shouldn't come as a surprise.

Let's just hope he learns from his mistakes and has some post season success really soon.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
CATCH17;4122478 said:
We've seen it all with Romo so the types of games he has shouldn't come as a surprise.

Let's just hope he learns from his mistakes and has some post season success really soon.

Yeah, way to start back tracking....:D Yeah, I know, you just call it like you see you it, code word for whip lash...:)

Pancho

Reaction score
He's still a shaky QB, but, I've been working so missed the game, and I heard he was hurt. Can anyone give me a brief on his injury ?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not surprised at all, but I am really proud of him. I just hate that he was in so much pain. Even after the 77 yard play, he couldn't fist pump with the vigor he usually does. How long do fractured ribs take to heal while a guy is still playing?

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Pancho;4122509 said:
He's still a shaky QB, but, I've been working so missed the game, and I heard he was hurt. Can anyone give me a brief on his injury ?

Cracked rib, came back in to lead a comeback.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing that surprised me is they let him come back and play after the injury.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nothing surprises me with Romo. I know he's capable of epic games like this, and I know he's capable of making bonehead mistakes.

That's Romo. He's a really really good QB that sometimes screws up, but still better than all but a handful of QB's in the NFL.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Risen Star;4122522 said:
The only thing that surprised me is they let him come back and play after the injury.

Yeah, if Kitna doesn't throw that second INT, maybe Garrett sticks with him.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
nope, once I saw him asking for his helmet back I knew we were going to at least have a chance to win

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Not really, I am used to flying by the seat of my pants with him and I like it.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Didn't surprise me in the least. He's shown all this in spades throughout his career to date, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

What pleases me the most is it finally gives him a signature moment that isn't a flub. And what I mean by that is this: Tony has led plenty of comebacks before, and he's won plenty of "big" games -- even in the playoffs.

But his signature moments have, largely, been messups in most people's minds. Today was undoubtedly a signature moment.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Nav22;4122461 said:
After last week, so many of you acted like Romo has never delivered in the big moments before and never would. He wasn't clutch. He is a failure in "big moments". He chokes.

So by that standard, shouldn't today's game have been a huge surprise to those naysayers? Seriously, I hope some of you folks have gotten over the shock. Maybe you'll even be able to go back to work in the next couple weeks.

Welcome to October 2006! We have a QB! It's amazing to me how much of the last 5 years some fans will completely forget about.

I think everyone knows we have a very good QB. This is Tony, one week he'll wow you with a bonehead mistake or two in crunch time, and the next he'll wow you with a remarkable performance.

Congrats to him.. he played a very good game.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Dale;4122576 said:
Didn't surprise me in the least. He's shown all this in spades throughout his career to date, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

What pleases me the most is it finally gives him a signature moment that isn't a flub. And what I mean by that is this: Tony has led plenty of comebacks before, and he's won plenty of "big" games -- even in the playoffs.

But his signature moments have, largely, been messups in most people's minds. Today was undoubtedly a signature moment.

Couldn't agree more. Not surprised at all. Just pleased. Good to see you again.

wileedog

Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4122532 said:
Nothing surprises me with Romo. I know he's capable of epic games like this, and I know he's capable of making bonehead mistakes.

That's Romo. He's a really really good QB that sometimes screws up, but still better than all but a handful of QB's in the NFL.

I don't think there is a better way to sum up Romo than this.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4122532 said:

:signmast:

Romo is in that tier below the best in league which right now contains an injured Payton, Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers.

Some may put some others above him but I'm not convinced that any of the others are better than him (i.e. Brees, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers, Vick) - some just play with better supporting casts. This team has hardly won any games with a so-so performance from Romo. He usually has to make do with a poor running game, poor pass blocking, a defense that doesn't force turnovers and a defense that tends to give up leads in close games.

This year looks to be a step up from previous years in that the defense doesn't look like it will be prone to collapsing in 4th quarters. We still can't run and our pass blocking is still below average.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
It definitely didn't surprise me how he perFormed. I was just pumped to hear everyone praising him instead of bashing him. They can not say anything bad how he came back and won the game single handily. Awesome performance period

mmohican29

Reaction score
Hostile;4122555 said:
Not really, I am used to flying by the seat of my pants with him and I like it.

It's definitely good entertainment... win or lose, with Tony at QB.