Did Romo's performance today surprise anyone?

Eskimo

Reaction score
Dale;4122576 said:
Didn't surprise me in the least. He's shown all this in spades throughout his career to date, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

What pleases me the most is it finally gives him a signature moment that isn't a flub. And what I mean by that is this: Tony has led plenty of comebacks before, and he's won plenty of "big" games -- even in the playoffs.

But his signature moments have, largely, been messups in most people's minds. Today was undoubtedly a signature moment.

What you say is very true.

That comeback win against KC was really Miles' coming out party.

That comeback against Buffalo is mostly remembered for Folk's back-to-back 53-yard FGs.

People have long forgotten about that miraculous thrown to Witten on the run in the 4th quarter against the Giants with time running out.

I really love watching Romo play. He makes plays that most upper-echelon QBs could never even dream of making. I think he has the best combination of pocket presence, elusiveness in the pocket and quick release in the game.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Definitely surprised me. He hasn't done THIS before. He's led comebacks and had big games but not in this manner. He was getting broken and battered by the DLine but he fought through it and put the offense on his back. This was totally a Brett Favre-like performance. There's a reason why Favre has those skins on the wall despite throwing a bunch of picks and turning the ball over in his career. It's because Favre has a history of having those signature games and NFL players respect that.

Romo lacked that signature performance, which is why everyone in the national media is giving him kudos for today's game. It was the best game of his career

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Even his harshest critics didn't think he and the team would go 0-16. But for today at least, he rose to the moment under painful circumstances.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Not surprised at all.. I'm on neither side of the Romo debate and will echo my sentiment form earlier tonight. He is the equivalent of the roller coaster at the amusement park that everyone wants to ride. Such a great attraction that will gravitate up and down regularly... Romo and the word "consistent" will probably never co-exist. All one can hope is that we have more ups than downs with him at the helm. I see him as an above average QB that will win a few more games than he will lose for us. Gutsy performance tonight.. I've seen it before.

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
All eyes were on him today, he played a cool collected game today, and made a statement. Hes played with hurt ribs and broken bones before...

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Eskimo;4122664 said:
What you say is very true.

That comeback win against KC was really Miles' coming out party.

That comeback against Buffalo is mostly remembered for Folk's back-to-back 53-yard FGs.

People have long forgotten about that miraculous thrown to Witten on the run in the 4th quarter against the Giants with time running out.

I really love watching Romo play. He makes plays that most upper-echelon QBs could never even dream of making. I think he has the best combination of pocket presence, elusiveness in the pocket and quick release in the game.

I'm totally with you Eskimo. Whenever I watch games with fellow Cowboys fans, I hear things like "Romo's arm is too weak," "he's inaccurate," "he can't read defenses" -- and I just try to figure out what quarterback they're watching. It's as if some people genuinely believe he has tons of warts.

And I couldn't agree more about enjoying watching Romo play. He has a very unique style -- one that is highly productive -- and he only adds to the entertainment value on game days.

Nav22

Reaction score
Bleu Star;4122690 said:
Romo and the word "consistent" will probably never co-exist. All one can hope is that we have more ups than downs with him at the helm. I see him as an above average QB that will win a few more games than he will lose for us. Gutsy performance tonight.. I've seen it before.

His QB rating is consistently 90+ year after year. Fourth best QB rating in NFL history. I'll take that from my QB every day, with a big freakin' smile on my face.

wconn1979

Reaction score
About mid ways through the 2nd quarter I will admit I was loseing hope for Romo. When he came back in the 4th I was happy though.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I expected it out of him. But he looked off in the first quarter tonight, I was worried about him. Pulled through and had an amazing day though.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nav22;4122872 said:
His QB rating is consistently 90+ year after year. Fourth best QB rating in NFL history. I'll take that from my QB every day, with a big freakin' smile on my face.

The perception of consistency is one part perceiver and one part perceived. If either of those parts swings wildly, it will look like inconsistency.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4122532 said:
Nothing surprises me with Romo. I know he's capable of epic games like this, and I know he's capable of making bonehead mistakes.

That's Romo. He's a really really good QB that sometimes screws up, but still better than all but a handful of QB's in the NFL.

Very nicely put. Anyone that wants a summary of Romo, read this.