Did Ryan Switzer make Mitch Trubisky

jday

Reaction score
Wow, only 11.6 per catch. I think people around here might complain about him like they do Witten YPC....

We are not looking to air it out with Switzer; we are looking to move the chains, which his average does.

aikemirv

Reaction score
We are not looking to air it out with Switzer; we are looking to move the chains, which his average does.

Oh I agree, I was just making fun of the people who complain about WIttens 80-90 at 9 yards per catch.

jday

Reaction score
Oh I agree, I was just making fun of the people who complain about WIttens 80-90 at 9 yards per catch.
Missed that...I'm responding to post faster than my mind is working at the moment. Prolly need to get some lunch! o_O

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
According to Switzer (in that video with the little girl and her family), Trubisky was his roommate and "best friend". They spent most of their time off the field together, so they probably talked game constantly. They made each other better.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Tribusiky is so overrated,i saw one pass where Switzer was wide open(literally nobody even 15 yards of him) and he still threw a horrible duck pass and Switzer had to wait for it to get there but he still scored a TD.I seems most of Triuskys passes are below 10 yards similar to Wentz.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think so but the stats sure say it helped.

No Trubisky 2015
54 catches, 697 yards, in 14 games

With Trubisky 2016
96 catches, 1114 yards in 13 games
Shouldn't you be working? Lol

lqmac1

Reaction score
I don't think so but the stats sure say it helped.

No Trubisky 2015
54 catches, 697 yards, in 14 games

With Trubisky 2016
96 catches, 1114 yards in 13 games
They just had good rhythm and were always on the same page. I'm a bit of a homer, but I thought Mitch was by far the best quarterback in this year's draft class. Unlike many others, I think he will develop into a good quarterback in this league and will play for a long time. Only knock on him is that he started 13 games and nothing else. He's got the size, arm and brains to be very successful in this league.

I was hoping he would go to Arizona and sit behind Carson for a year or two. I think Glennon needs to start this year and then easily groom Mitch in later on this year when they are out of playoff contention... Around week six or so

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tribusiky is so overrated,i saw one pass where Switzer was wide open(literally nobody even 15 yards of him) and he still threw a horrible duck pass and Switzer had to wait for it to get there but he still scored a TD.I seems most of Triuskys passes are below 10 yards similar to Wentz.
I always judge QBs on one throw too.:rolleyes:

Hey, I'm one that thinks he needs to sit a year and that Chicago drafted him too high, but come on.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I always judge QBs on one throw too.:rolleyes:

Hey, I'm one that thinks he needs to sit a year and that Chicago drafted him too high, but come on.

who said i am Judging him on one pass,i watched his Bowl game and he stunk it up till the very end when he went to Switzer for some clutch passes.

waldoputty

Reaction score
They just had good rhythm and were always on the same page. I'm a bit of a homer, but I thought Mitch was by far the best quarterback in this year's draft class. Unlike many others, I think he will develop into a good quarterback in this league and will play for a long time. Only knock on him is that he started 13 games and nothing else. He's got the size, arm and brains to be very successful in this league.

I was hoping he would go to Arizona and sit behind Carson for a year or two. I think Glennon needs to start this year and then easily groom Mitch in later on this year when they are out of playoff contention... Around week six or so

oh, please comment on switzer since u must have saw a lot of the games.
do you think he can take the NFL hits - that would be my #1 concern like with a certain 4th round S.

lqmac1

Reaction score
oh, please comment on switzer since u must have saw a lot of the games.
do you think he can take the NFL hits - that would be my #1 concern like with a certain 4th round S.
Go look at how many college games he missed due to injury, that should be beneficial.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Go look at how many college games he missed due to injury, that should be beneficial.

i could not find any injuries but i dont really know how to search for that.
i did find he did not miss any games - that is good to know.
here are excerpts from an article for those curious about him.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...receiver-comparison/gc6cwiv5fmt91ape2zl75183w

Published on Apr. 29, 2017

Overcoming his 5-8, 181-pound frame, Switzer was heavily recruited, receiving offers from Florida State, Penn State, Arizona and his home state school of West Virginia.

Over a four-year career, Switzer left North Carolina as the Tar Heels’ all-time leader in receptions and receiving yards, while ranking first in ACC history and tied for second in NCAA history with seven career punt return touchdowns.

Still, even with all the proof of his explosiveness — Switzer has 17 career plays of 60-plus yards on just 370 touches — he feels people doubt his speed. “I think they underestimate (my speed) a whole hell of a lot more than they should,” Switzer said. “I think if you watch the tape, I was never caught from behind in college. You don’t lead the country in 70-plus-yard all-purpose plays for the four years you’ve been in college and be slow.”

Switzer ran a 4.51 40-yard dash, a good time for someone his size and a better time than Steelers wideout Antonio Brown, who Switzer considers the best wide receiver in the NFL. Brown isn’t the player to whom Switzer is typically compared, though. Anyone who logged onto Twitter when Switzer made a big play in college would see the same joke: Future New England Patriot.

The punch line, of course, is rooted in the fact that New England recently has fielded shorter, quick, white wide receivers. Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola come to mind, while guys like Austin Collie and Griff Whalen got temporary looks from the Pats.

Ask Switzer which play best sums up his play, and you won’t get a show-stopping touchdown grab or an electrifying punt return, despite the many he has to choose from. Instead, it's a simple first down from a regular-season game in 2014 against Virginia Tech. Switzer was running across the middle of the field, briefly open. Tar Heels quarterback Marquise Williams saw him and threw across his body. The throw was going to leave Switzer vulnerable. Switzer snagged it. And he paid the price. “I took the hardest hit that I have ever taken in my career. It was something, wow, I can still feel it,” Switzer said. “But I completed the catch, I stood back up. I think that just shows the resilience that I have, the toughness.”

Switzer, who never missed a game in college, understands durability will always be a concern for someone his size. But he is sure it won't be a problem, as is his higher-profile teammate, quarterback Mitch Trubisky.

“(His size) is not gonna matter,” said Trubisky, who might be the first quarterback selected this year. “That hasn’t stopped him this far. Nobody could cover him one-on-one. He’s definitely gonna translate to the next level.”

“He’s, if not the hardest worker, one of the hardest workers I have ever met in my life,” Lawrence said. “His will to be better and be the best is going to separate him. He’s quick, he’s fast, he can catch, he can go across the middle, he can do it all.”

Switzer won’t be having a big draft party this week, or going out and celebrating. He’ll be at home in Charleston, W.V., watching the draft with his mom, dad, four sisters and fiancée in his childhood living room.