Did Sam Williams play?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I think Fowler is just better at this point.

fowler made some nice plays yesterday. when he spun & knocked the pass down it was either incredible recognition or luck but either way he knew enough to have his hands up. it's a play most people will forget but was one of the more impressive plays of the game.

Ken

Reaction score
This is a bad take.
The team won that game largely because of how dominant the pass rush was.
Sam was really good when in but did have another bad penalty.
He has to cut that out but nothing to whine about at DE period.
Ya, he did get another hand to the face penalty.

He needs to be smarter, no doubt.

I just know he can be what we need opposite Micah and know it will happen before the end of the year. I just want to accelerate it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Agreed thats what won the game....and I like our rush guys except Armstrong, who also played well....but Cincinnatis OL is atrocious, and that really helped things.

They are going to send Burrow to Andrew Luck-ville if they don't get that right, and soon.

Tampa OL was banged up also, hence holding Brady under 20. Giants OL has been a problem, but they have a more mobile QB.

Point being, while I do like our edge guys for the most part, Cincys OL helped make them look as good as they did.
Next week will be interesting but it is a massive step down in QB from Brady and Burrow to this dude in NY.
Dallas can definitely play with more leeway.
Much more likely next week Diggs gets a pick for instance.

Offensively will be really interesting.
Dallas has some run power and some offensive speed.
What they don't have is an ability to overcome mistakes with penalties and sacks or lost yardage.
They cannot have a bunch of 3 and outs that let the Giants wear down our fast but undersized defensive guys.

Really hope next week is easier sledding. Then we see if Dak is back or not for the Commodes.

TLDR version; At year's end I expect Tampa to be a top 3 seed in NFC. I expect Cincy to bounce back and make the playoffs. I definitely do NOT expect NYG to make the playoffs.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If your a fan and you watch the game you woulda seen he played. Had a tackle for a 4 yard loss and a hands to the face penalty. If your watching the game not sure how you miss it.
Not everyone always watches the game alone in their basement. Some of us watch with friends, and/or out with a crowd, in which case there are distractions here and there.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our DE/Edge rotation is insane. Likely the best in the NFL.
Micah, DLaw, Dorance, Fowler, Sam

It was nice to see Armstrong get in there and get a few sacks.
This will be a comparison with Gregory all season long.

The thing is, snap counts, as Gregory will be a full time DE, Armstrong is in a rotation with 2 or 3 other players.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
10 whole plays.

Very, VERY disappointed in his usage. When they do use him, they are not letting him unleash off the edge either. I just don't get it.
Are you questioning DQ???? :laugh:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The TFL was a good heads-up play. IIRC the Bengals OL left him unblocked as the read man on an option play. Burrow pulled the dive and pitched outside (jet sweep?), and Williams stayed home and killed it.

Another poster mentioned that he only got 10 snaps this week, but a snap like that will endear him to the coaching for more playing time.

I really thought our RE rotation worked well this last week though. Williams, Fowler, and Armstrong all had good games.

Proof

Reaction score
yeah, God forbid somebody takes a crap and misses a few plays. The dedicated true fans insert a catheter and wear depends to avoid this kind of transgressions……..

for real lol. i watch and enjoy the games, but you're going to miss things here and there. i also may have already been drunk :laugh:

shabazz

Reaction score
for real lol. i watch and enjoy the games, but you're going to miss things here and there. i also may have already been drunk :laugh:

of course….and because this is a family friendly forum I can’t post all the other stuff I’ve been engaged with during a game. Watching the game with a young lady can make it that much more distracting.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
yeah, God forbid somebody takes a crap and misses a few plays. The dedicated true fans insert a catheter and wear depends to avoid this kind of transgressions……..

gotta take a crap on their own time. working on a schedule here people!! :lmao:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Next week will be interesting but it is a massive step down in QB from Brady and Burrow to this dude in NY.
Dallas can definitely play with more leeway.
Much more likely next week Diggs gets a pick for instance.

Offensively will be really interesting.
Dallas has some run power and some offensive speed.
What they don't have is an ability to overcome mistakes with penalties and sacks or lost yardage.
They cannot have a bunch of 3 and outs that let the Giants wear down our fast but undersized defensive guys.

Really hope next week is easier sledding. Then we see if Dak is back or not for the Commodes.

TLDR version; At year's end I expect Tampa to be a top 3 seed in NFC. I expect Cincy to bounce back and make the playoffs. I definitely do NOT expect NYG to make the playoffs.
Cincinnati is a much better overall football team than NY, but NY will have a playoff shot most of the season due to the division they are in.

On the field, it's really all about direct matchups, and Dallas matched well against Cincy. I picked them to win amongst the mess that was this team a week ago.

I'm just not sure they can keep the intensity that they had yesterday....which they desperately needed....on the road in front of a fired up Monday night crowd.

Itll be a way different environment than yesterday and history just tells me they won't build on yesterday, they will take their foot off the gas to the point where they do just enough to get beat.

They are the absolute WORST when it comes to building on success, and I'm not sure certain people and their sunshine pumping to the media to make themselves look better helps that cause.

That's a major reason why this team repeatedly cannot get to the next level, game to game, or season to season.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It was nice to see Armstrong get in there and get a few sacks.
This will be a comparison with Gregory all season long.

The thing is, snap counts, as Gregory will be a full time DE, Armstrong is in a rotation with 2 or 3 other players.
It was actually nice to see.

Of a much maligned offseason, I thought giving him 2/13 was the worst move of all.

I've said all offseason that I expect the defense to be very good, I'm just wondering how much Cin OL being brutal contributed to that.

For the sake of the health of a fine young QB, and not being a rival.....I hope they get that fixed. Not as if they didn't try, but they've gotta actually get it right.