Did Seattle choke or what?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Wow... they did nothing on offense.

The defense gave them a nice spot of 14 pts and they blew it.

Just wow.

Boysboy

Reaction score
YoMick;1895596 said:
Wow... they did nothing on offense.

The defense gave them a nice spot of 14 pts and they blew it.

Just wow.

Or Ryan Grant had the nervous jitters? The Hawks' first 2 scores were BECAUSE of him.

Nonetheless-GOOD football teams don't blow chunks when they grab early 2 score leads. Oh...Seattle doesn't have a running game either, look how the weather was.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Boysboy;1895601 said:
Or Ryan Grant had the nervous jitters? The Hawks' first 2 scores were BECAUSE of him.

Nonetheless-GOOD football teams don't blow chunks when they grab early 2 score leads. Oh...Seattle doesn't have a running game either, look how the weather was.

Nah, not a choke at all. They've been awful all year on the road.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Seattle has a quick, small defense that isn't physical. Not good for a bad weather matchup against a team with a relatively strong running game.

There offensive line isn't what it used to be, and they lost Branch within the first minutes of the first quarter. Even when they were up 14-0, after the Pack easily marched down the field and scored seven picking up big chunks of yardage both running and throwing, you could just sense that Seattle wouldn't be able to stop anything.

And they didn't. Six TDs in six possessions by GB after the fact.

Boysboy

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1895629 said:
Seattle has a quick, small defense that isn't physical. Not good for a bad weather matchup against a team with a relatively strong running game.

There offensive line isn't what it used to be, and they lost Branch within the first minutes of the first quarter. Even when they were up 14-0, after the Pack easily marched down the field and scored seven picking up big chunks of yardage both running and throwing, you could just sense that Seattle wouldn't be able to stop anything.

And they didn't. Six TDs in six possessions by GB after the fact.

For all the flack Roy gets for his coverage skills on a daily basis here, their SS, Jordan Babineaux, stunk it up pretty good in coverage today.

I dunno-my impressions are that coverage skills AREN'T strong points for SS's.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Good teams just usually Surge in the playoffs. I just think Green Bay is that much better than Seattle.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Seattle's pass rush was non-existant. Favre had all day to throw. Kerney and Peterson couldn't do anything today. Of course Favre is going to tear a team apart when he isn't facing any pressure especially when he routinely throws screen passes and 3 yard passes over the middle or in the flats.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Gangsta Spanksta;1895652 said:
Good teams just usually Surge in the playoffs. I just think Green Bay is that much better than Seattle.

Green Bay is all about their homefield. Did anyone think Seattle was going to win in that snow and fan support. If we get the opportunity to play them you will see they are a different team especially in Dallas. They thrive off emotion and that was true this year when they won early and built a lot of momentum.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Seattle was a product of an easy division, and easy schedule, and the Commanders. This was the divisional game and different teams' talent should be similiar, the seahawks were no threat to the packers.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;1895706 said:
Seattle was a product of an easy division, and easy schedule, and the Commanders. This was the divisional game and different teams' talent should be similiar, the seahawks were no threat to the packers.

Look at some of the Hawks' losses:

Steelers - Pitt played without their 3-4 NT and Hines Ward, but couldn't get any ground game going and lost 21-0

Carolina - Matt Moore made his first start, and Peppers went down in the 2nd half

Falcons - meaningless game, but Holmgren nonetheless kept his D starters in, and they got lit up 44 pts

Cards - it's a road divisional opponent, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt

Saints - they were 0-4 at the time, but nonetheless DEMOLISHED the Hawks on prime time

Browns - they're a good team, and it was on the road, so I'll give them the benefit

kmp77

Reaction score
They were spotted 14 points and then mustered only SIX points the rest of the game! Not sure if they choked or just flat out stunk it up.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1895662 said:
Green Bay is all about their homefield. Did anyone think Seattle was going to win in that snow and fan support. If we get the opportunity to play them you will see they are a different team especially in Dallas. They thrive off emotion and that was true this year when they won early and built a lot of momentum.

They won 13 games on emotion??? Are you kidding me???? :rolleyes: Do you even think before you type? They won just as many games as the Cowboys did. I don't care what league you are in, if you win 13 out of 16 games, you are pretty good football team. Emotion plays well for about the first minute of a game. After that, skill and coaching takes over.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
FloridaRob;1895754 said:
They won 13 games on emotion??? Are you kidding me???? :rolleyes: Do you even think before you type? They won just as many games as the Cowboys did. I don't care what league you are in, if you win 13 out of 16 games, you are pretty good football team. Emotion plays well for about the first minute of a game. After that, skill and coaching takes over.

The Packers have not convinced me they are as good as their record. I'm sorry the Packers didn't win homefield as you predicted but your team will just have to win in Dallas and prove me wrong.

Boysboy

Reaction score
FloridaRob;1895754 said:

I'm not doubting Green Bay at all. However-IF we played Seattle, I think you would see similar 42-20 results. I think this poster's point is that Seattle SUCKS WIND.

BTW-are you the same guy who starts all these "THE SKY IS FALLING FOR THE COWBOYS" threads even when we WIN? If memory serves, you were gravely worried even when we BEAT the Packers in Nov. And you also seemed to defend the Eagles alot too.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Boysboy;1895757 said:
I'm not doubting Green Bay at all. However-IF we played Seattle, I think you would see similar 42-20 results. I think this poster's point is that Seattle SUCKS WIND.

BTW-are you the same guy who starts all these "THE SKY IS FALLING FOR THE COWBOYS" threads even when we WIN? If memory serves, you were gravely worried even when we BEAT the Packers in Nov. And you also seemed to defend the Eagles alot too.

No, this isn't the same guy. This guy is the overly confident Packer homer who predicted the Pack would supercede Dallas and grab homefield. He also predicted the Packers would beat us in the playoffs.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Boysboy;1895757 said:

I have never bashed the Cowboys in one thread since I have been here. And I never have commented on the EAgles either. I hate them as much as you guys. So no, it wasn't me.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Choke? You expected them to cling to a 14-point lead for 3+ hours?