Did Skin's tamper to set-up meeting with Canty?

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
TIMES CONFIRMS CANTY-TO-SKINS RUMOR
Posted by Mike Florio on February 26, 2009, 11:08 p.m.

The Washington Times has confirmed our report that the Commanders will be taking immediate aim at Cowboys defensive end Chris Canty once free agency officially opens in less than an hour.

The most intriguing question about this one is whether and to what extent there has been advance contact between the Commanders and agent Brad Blank.
Technically, there should be none — not even regarding arrangements for a visit on Friday.

And the pre-free agency tampering has gotten so rampant that one media source has opined to us that the league is going to have to acknowledge the situation and either permit it or take action to stopt it.

The problem is that everyone does it. A high-level executive with one team told us a couple of years ago that his team never engaged in advance discussions regarding looming free agents until he realized that his team was at a competitive disadvantage because everyone else was doing it.

The media source with whom we spoke today shared a similar story regarding a G.M. who realized several years back that, if he didn’t tell agents before the process began that his team was interested in certain players, deals would be in place with other teams before the market actually opened.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Please God, please, let them sign Canty for 50+ million now. Between him, Hall, and Albert eating their cap space up I'd be so thrilled it would make me smile from ear to ear.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Commanders have canceled their scheduled Friday visit with free agent DL Chris Canty.

GM Vinny Cerrato played the game right with Canty, but he's no longer in the plans with Albert Haynesworth in burgundy and gold. Look for Canty to move his meeting with Tennessee up and possibly be a Titan by day's end.
Source: Washington Post

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
ukinto8;2656794 said:
The Commanders have canceled their scheduled Friday visit with free agent DL Chris Canty.

GM Vinny Cerrato played the game right with Canty, but he's no longer in the plans with Albert Haynesworth in burgundy and gold. Look for Canty to move his meeting with Tennessee up and possibly be a Titan by day's end.

Darn. I was really hoping for one more franchise crippling move.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
ukinto8;2656794 said:

Titans will introduce Canty to Tennesse before the weekend is out.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I hope Canty ends up getting a contract for half that $50 everyone talked about. Serves him right being used by the Commanders and not being a REAL Cowboy who the idea of EVER signing with the Foreskins would ever cross his mind.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Just please let Canty sing a hefty contract wherever he goes. I'm greedy for the Comp pick.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hostile;2656819 said:
Just please let Canty sing a hefty contract wherever he goes. I'm greedy for the Comp pick.

We wouldn't get that till next year though, right?

Star-Fan

Old enough to remember the Ice Bowl, Young enough
Reaction score
Can't the same be said about Haynesworth? There was talk of him going to the Skins for the last few weeks. :cool:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2656828 said:
What would a comp pick be for a guy like canty who started and such? A 2nd?
Comp picks start in the 3rd round.

btgboys41

Reaction score
canty cancelled his visit to DC. Heard this am on the local sportstalk 980 station.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Skins tampered. Punishment should be 3 first round picks for each case (Canty and Hanyesworth) for a total of six starting this season. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
nyc;2656846 said:
Skins tampered. Punishment should be 3 first round picks for each case (Canty and Hanyesworth) for a total of six starting this season. :D
Tampering is *wink wink* bad.

JPM

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2656800 said:
Darn. I was really hoping for one more franchise crippling move.
Give it time. The offseaon has just started !