Did someone knock some heads together at halftime?

kskboys

Reaction score
The first half was littered w/ downfield passes. At one point, on 2nd and 2, we threw two long passes. Incomplete, and then we went for it on 4th and didn't make it. Absolutely beyond any reason.

Suddenly, in the 2nd half, we started throwing short and midrange passes, and our O moved, so much so that it took over the game.

I'm just curious as to what happened.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
The first half was littered w/ downfield passes. At one point, on 2nd and 2, we threw two long passes. Incomplete, and then we went for it on 4th and didn't make it. Absolutely beyond any reason.

Suddenly, in the 2nd half, we started throwing short and midrange passes, and our O moved, so much so that it took over the game.

I'm just curious as to what happened.
Doofus McCarthy realized how dumb they were in the 1st half

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Possibly.

What's the facepalm thingie supposed to mean here? Makes your reply appear weak.
Oh...it's because McCarthy is it the type of coach that will bang heads around in the locker room. And I know this because Dallas still has too many penalties. So they made adjustments but there was no fear of God speech. So the facepalm was meant to be for McCarthy not you.

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh...it's because McCarthy is it the type of coach that will bang heads around in the locker room. And I know this because Dallas still has too many penalties. So they made adjustments but there was no fear of God speech. So the facepalm was meant to be for McCarthy not you.
That makes sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I agree!!!

JayFord

Reaction score
our OC has to routinely embarrass himself before he puts together a good gameplan

i wasnt joking in the game thread when i said he makes the best wagyu steak until high money clientele comes in and then he boils it in dishwater

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Things picked up a few minutes after the half.
I think NY had a couple injuries, one to another corner. I believe he played with a large cushion and Dallas exploited it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
some slow learners on the team, I think Moore showed video of last week and the went back to that game plan.

conner01

Reaction score
The one long play they had was just an amazing catch
They don’t have the talent to do that often
The offense moved the ball in first half but was stopped on the int that they thought was a free play because the dlineman had jumped off sides
Not much really changed except we made plays
Nothing really new on offense
They actually ran the ball much better in second half but it was too late when we scored on 3 straight

conner01

Reaction score
We dominated the game, we should've never been behind after the first qtr. We kept shooting ourselves in the foot, it wasn't them stopping us.
We stopped ourselves on the ints and they made one big play
In the second half we over came the penalties that we need to get fixed

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It’s not just adjustments, and it’s certainly not yelling and screaming.
Anyone who’s played or coached football, even in high school, know that a team that blitzes a lot in different ways (NY) makes it very difficult to get into any rhythm. And the first half against any team is often taking some time to figure out what the defense and offense is trying to do to you.

With all the blitzing, you have to have big plays because you’re going to run plays that get blown up. The big plays weren’t coming in the run game tonight, so we had to keep running but also look for big plays in the air. Dak threw two INTs. Those were on him, but they weren’t overthrows or communication issues. He threw into tight coverages and gave his guy a chance to make a play, but in hindsight, not good decisions…..other than he avoided doing that on our side of the field.

Second half, players and coaches had figured it out. Some plays were still blown up, but the short handed Giants took risks.

There’s a reason why some great coaches used to run the first 12-15 plays based on a predetermined script. They ran all the sets and formations to see what the defense had prepared for each. That then impacted their play-calls for the rest of the game.

Divisional games are often decided in the second half because coaches and players know the other teams so well.

cnuball21

Reaction score
For what’s it’s worth the first quarter playcalling was open…dropped pass by Lamb and overthrow by Dak to MG.

That being said, pound the dang rock and use PA for your shots.

2nd half was what our O is supposed to look like.