Did someone knock some heads together at halftime?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The first half was littered w/ downfield passes. At one point, on 2nd and 2, we threw two long passes. Incomplete, and then we went for it on 4th and didn't make it. Absolutely beyond any reason.

Suddenly, in the 2nd half, we started throwing short and midrange passes, and our O moved, so much so that it took over the game.

I'm just curious as to what happened.
We stopped turning the ball over and getting penalties. Without that in the first half, this game is just like the Vikings game

kskboys

Reaction score
We stopped ourselves on the ints and they made one big play
In the second half we over came the penalties that we need to get fixed
And started throwing short/mid range passes to move the ball consistently.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Different week, different opponent, different gameplan, so on and so on.

The Cowboys couldn't go out there and repeat what they did against the Vikings. Other teams watch film too.

kskboys

Reaction score
Different week, different opponent, different gameplan, so on and so on.

The Cowboys couldn't go out there and repeat what they did against the Vikings. Other teams watch film too.
I understand that, but what we were doing in the 1st half led to very little scoring and a halftime deficit.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I understand that, but what we were doing in the 1st half led to very little scoring and a halftime deficit.

You are also right, and I agree about the first half playcalling. I just meant that 40-3 wins are outliers in the NFL so we need to be satisfied with the 28-20 wins too.

Gaede

Reaction score
For what’s it’s worth the first quarter playcalling was open…dropped pass by Lamb and overthrow by Dak to MG.

That being said, pound the dang rock and use PA for your shots.

2nd half was what our O is supposed to look like.

It was perplexing, really. Gameplan should've been that all along vs. a weakened team. Run, pa, sack the Qb

kskboys

Reaction score
You are also right, and I agree about the first half playcalling. I just meant that 40-3 wins are outliers in the NFL so we need to be satisfied with the 28-20 wins too.
Oh, absolutely. My evaluations are pretty much always about what it takes to get to and win a super bowl. This game was fine in the 2nd half, but we cannot afford a trash 1st half against playoff teams.

cnuball21

Reaction score
It was perplexing, really. Gameplan should've been that all along vs. a weakened team. Run, pa, sack the Qb

I think our best offense is a 50/50 split and obviously adjusting based on the defense.

We should never come out pass happy though IMO.

Trajan

Reaction score
I really think that McCarthy watches Moore and is just as disgusted as we all are, but he can't do anything as Moore is Jurreh's next Head Coach in waiting. Moore has flashes of brilliance, or at least competence than runs trick plays and deep balls when it is clear Dak isn't on point.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Not sure but whatever was done do again

first half was pure garbage including the coaching