did spencer sign the tag?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
if not how cool and cold:laugh2: would it be if we signed mario and recinded the tag on spencer...lol

bigE79

Reaction score
jblaze2004;4452597 said:
if not how cool and cold:laugh2: would it be if we signed mario and recinded the tag on spencer...lol
J,that would be classic:star:

montgod

Reaction score
jblaze2004;4452597 said:

I can see Spencer now with a pen in hand... watching Twitter to get one hint of the Boys being interested in Mario. :laugh2:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
jblaze2004;4452597 said:
You really don't get it. Spencer and his agent would love to have that tag rescinded right now. He can get a long term contract with a big bonus and guaranteed money as the best SOLB available.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
IAMKING;4453039 said:
He would just hit market as one of top OLBs available

Exactly! I don't understand how short minded some people are with their hate for their own Cowboys players.

See the kind of coin being offered to Mario? Yeah Spencer will get more than 9 million guaranteed in this market.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
He has not. They are working on a long term deal that would free up cap space.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
newnationcb;4453059 said:
Exactly! I don't understand how short minded some people are with their hate for their own Cowboys players.

See the kind of coin being offered to Mario? Yeah Spencer will get more than 9 million guaranteed in this market.
Yeah but not from us. I don't mind paying Rio that kinda money.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hostile;4453061 said:

This is what the ideal situation is. Not to rescind the tag, but to sign to a 4-5 year deal.

The take a run at Mario.

Ware on one side - Mario and Spencer on the other :eek:

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Hostile;4453061 said:

If we do this, it would give us more space, but the question is would it automatically rule Mario out the equation.....

ravidubey

Reaction score
Mario Williams would be an amazing addition to this team. Alone he'd allow the team to play many more 4-3 looks which would fit the team's personnel outside of Anthony Spencer extremely well.

If Dallas truly signs Carr as is heavily rumored, the two of them would immediately fix almost all that's wrong with this defense.

DeCastro sliding to pick 14 in April's draft completes this offseason fantasy.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
newnationcb;4453059 said:

You don't what the hell you're talking about. Spencer sucks and should be released. He's only been tagged because Jerry's a moron. I know this because I listen to the local Dallas media and frequent this message board.

ravidubey

Reaction score
numnuts23;4453076 said:
Ware on one side - Mario and Spencer on the other :eek:

Not sure how much this helps, really. Williams is not a great fit as a 3-4 DE. He needs to be at or near the LOS, very rarely drop back into coverage, and face the ROT as an edge rusher and run stuffer.

Wherever he plays he will be a difference-maker, but starting him off the bat as a 3-4 DE is not the best choice. I don't even like him as a 3-4 SOLB.

Spencer on top of Williams makes the team very weak in coverage on that side. In short yardage, they'd be deadly, but that's a very expensive investment for short yardage.

Better to rescind Spencer's offer, reclaim the 8.8 mil, promote Butler to SOLB, and use many more 4-3 looks. That would not only save Butler's career it would be an amazing lift to just about every other front seven defender the Cowboys have plans for.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Hostile;4453061 said:
Stephen is still at the ranch working harder than anybody:laugh2:

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
ravidubey;4453139 said:
Not sure how much this helps, really. Williams is not a great fit as a 3-4 DE. He needs to be at or near the LOS, very rarely drop back into coverage, and face the ROT as an edge rusher and run stuffer.

Wherever he plays he will be a difference-maker, but starting him off the bat as a 3-4 DE is not the best choice. I don't even like him as a 3-4 SOLB.

Spencer on top of Williams makes the team very weak in coverage on that side. In short yardage, they'd be deadly, but that's a very expensive investment for short yardage.

Better to rescind Spencer's offer, reclaim the 8.8 mil, promote Butler to SOLB, and use many more 4-3 looks. That would not only save Butler's career it would be an amazing lift to just about every other front seven defender the Cowboys have plans for.

Here we go again with the 4-3 talk.

Yet if you look at the top Ds in the NFL in average points given up, the 3-4 is just plain dominant.

We need the players to fill out the 3-4, the 3-4 itself isn't the problem.

popp1234

Reaction score
Hostile;4453061 said:

Cool! A win/win for him AND the team.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
ravidubey;4453139 said:

That is horribly thought out.