Did Springs ever make it to Dallas?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
how much will this board explode if our golden boy signs with Philly?

HanD

Reaction score
Springs scheduled to visit Philly

March 3, 2009 5:57 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
Springs

The Eagles just announced that Shawn Springs is headed to town tonight for a visit and will meet with reporters Wednesday. Springs became expendable in Washington when DeAngelo Hall was signed to a long-term contract Friday.

You normally don't issue a press release when you're not planning to sign a player. Springs is a physical cornerback who could also help out at safety now that Brian Dawkins has left the building.

There was some initial interest from Dallas in Springs, but it looks like he'll end up in Philly. It's interesting to see guys such as Chris Canty and Springs stay in the division. We'll let you know if we hear anything else.

Shawn Springs, 09 free agency

montgod

Reaction score
HanD;2665931 said:
Springs scheduled to visit Philly

March 3, 2009 5:57 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
Springs

The Eagles just announced that Shawn Springs is headed to town tonight for a visit and will meet with reporters Wednesday. Springs became expendable in Washington when DeAngelo Hall was signed to a long-term contract Friday.

You normally don't issue a press release when you're not planning to sign a player. Springs is a physical cornerback who could also help out at safety now that Brian Dawkins has left the building.

There was some initial interest from Dallas in Springs, but it looks like he'll end up in Philly. It's interesting to see guys such as Chris Canty and Springs stay in the division. We'll let you know if we hear anything else.

Shawn Springs, 09 free agency

I wonder what caused JJ not to be interested anymore? Price tag or another player? My guess... price tag.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
montgod;2665973 said:
I wonder what caused JJ not to be interested anymore? Price tag or another player? My guess... price tag.

My guess, JJ has no clue what he is doing right now

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i think he'll get more money that most expect. I think he'll get 3.5m/year at least maybe 8m guaranteed for 4 years.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Right now Eagles are battling Giants for divison and Cowboys battling Commanders for the basement. Good thing season is just 6 months away...

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
If the Cowboys were interested in him at the price he was looking for he would have been here already.

Now I doubt he ever plays for us.

And I don't think he wants any part of playing Safety. That may have been a reason he said not dice to the Cowboys interest.

He's kind of brittle anyways to being playing Safety.

montgod

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2665974 said:
My guess, JJ has no clue what he is doing right now

I agree. I just don't see any real direction except for the ever popular... "Ware is priority" phrase.

I think JJ is having buyers remorse from last year. However, he doesn't realize that just because he paid out a grip last year doesn't mean that he shouldn't pick someone up this year. He doesn't have to break the bank, but there are some key areas where a vet is necessary in order to help with some of the losses. Backup QB, DT, ILB, CB, S are the main ones to coincide with the losses or possible losses in FA.

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
I absolutely thought he was gonna sign with you guys. I can't see the Eagles - who just let Dawkins go over a 2year 9 million deal- sign Springs who wouldn't restructure a 6million dollar guarantee with the Skins.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2664210 said:
Springs isn't a player I would consider we "need" per se but I would feel more confortable with him as our #4 over Ball or a rookie. It would be nice for him to at least visit and perhaps be offered a contract. If the money is about the same as he is being offered with other teams my guess is that he would take it to play with the Cowboys.

If Ball can't be the #4 DB in 2009, then it's time to get him off the roster. If he's no better than a rookie, then why keep him?