Did the Bears pay off the refs?

ddh33

Reaction score
I'm thrilled the Cowboys won tonight so all of the complaints about officiating don't sound like sour grapes...

Let's face it, those guys were terrible tonight. I couldn't see half of the things Dallas got called for, and it felt like Chicago wasn't getting called for several things that I was plainly seeing.

My brother actually made a crack during the game that Chicago is one of the last remaining cities still controlled by the mafia, and this game is proof ;)

CaptainQuint

Reaction score
I think they were paid off.
An alternative theory is that it was payback against us for the uncalled false start by Crayton on Hurd's TD against the Giants week one.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1665837 said:
you can bet jerry made a phone call at halftime if not sooner

I would like to think so, but I don't. This was blatant corruption. I wonder if any of the Dallas media idiots have the nerve to itemize in the newspaper the one sided calls and non-calls. If any of them do, I'll praise him/her.

Undisputed

Reaction score
Something was REALLY fishy at some point in the game. I was almost completely convinced that they were just flat out favoring the Bears. Most likely they weren't and just plain screwed up.

But tonight, we were just too much. Just too much for the Bears.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
CowboyJeff;1665217 said:
Despite all the penalties, the Cowboys still whooped them. That's what championship teams do.

That's it CJ. It's part of the game, although sometimes unfortunate. I was worried the refs were gonna be dictating this game in the first half. I hadn't seen worse since the Stealers were given the SB.

It's adversity that we overcame tonight folks, and I for one was glad to see we could do it. Took 'em in stride and kept on bangin'. One more challange we can obviously handle. Kudos Dallas Cowboys. You're a blast to watch again.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Chicago has a long history with corruption whether it's political, civic or professional sports...The way things were called for the most part in the game really was shocking...I found it most interesting to see how Al & Madden barely made a comment about it...Lame

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
dbair1967;1665247 said:
unquestionably the most one sided, poor officiating job of any game I have seen so far this yr

some of these calls were just absolute b/s

I bet we lost 100+ yds of offense and at least 7-10 pts because of crappy officiating

David

Ya know that really might be on the low side of the spectrum...it was awful just awful

but it seems like we got joobed in 3 or 4 games a year

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Zaxor;1666070 said:
Ya know that really might be on the low side of the specter...it was awful just awful

but it seems like we got joobed in 3 or 4 games a year
You know, being a Cowboy fan, that NEVER happens............;)

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
That was a sound beating. Even at 3-3 halftime score, you felt the Cowboys were the better team.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
parchy;1665186 said:
What the hell was all that about? At least half of the crap we got called for was BS, and they don't get called for anything? We had like eight times as many penalties.

And we STILL murdered em. Take that, Chicago mobsters. :lmao2:
I am not being dramitic when I say this guys, but I really think the refs were trying to hand the game to the Bears. Usually I am ok with a few bad calls, usually evens out, but during the game I really started thinking the fix was in.

Lucky for us, the Bears were getting dominated so bad that even the refs could not help them.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1665292 said:
I guess they didn't pay enough.:laugh2:

Even Bill Gates couldn't have come up with enough cash to get the refs to cheat enough that da Bears could have won that game... they did all they could, they earned their bribe money... it's just not their fault that da Bears were so completely pitiful...

I heard that at one point early in the 2nd half, Romo wanted to pull a Paul Crewe on one of the refs, then decided the Boys could win even with the zebras helping the other team... :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
parchy;1665186 said:
What the hell was all that about? At least half of the crap we got called for was BS, and they don't get called for anything? We had like eight times as many penalties.

And we STILL murdered em. Take that, Chicago mobsters. :lmao2:

I agree that there were bad calls but no I don't think the game was fixed or that the refs were pulling for the Bears or being paid off by the Bears. Some of the flags that were thrown were bad call and the others Dallas committed.

sago1

Reaction score
Don't believe this game was fixed nor were the refs in pockets of Bears. NFL guards them too well. What we did have is poor officiating and whoever reviews the game film for the NFL should be reviewing this game very carefully. It just goes to my belief we need the head ref of every officiating group to be a full time NFL employee and not a part timer.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sago1;1669041 said:
Don't believe this game was fixed nor were the refs in pockets of Bears. NFL guards them too well. What we did have is poor officiating and whoever reviews the game film for the NFL should be reviewing this game very carefully. It just goes to my belief we need the head ref of every officiating group to be a full time NFL employee and not a part timer.

I agree. The league office and the head of officials review each and every game and grade the officials. These refs are looked at closely to help ensure things are on the up and up. The NFL takes this very seriously. I do agree it was a poorly officiated game but nothing more than that.