News: Did The Cowboys Improve At Backup Quarterback?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Only in bizarro cowboy land do you 'improve' at a position by doing nothing when you targeted that position as one of the weakest going into the off season

One way, is system development.

The second is by actually drafting a new developing quarterback.

...as you were.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He was injured not once, but twice behind that "top notch" offensive line last season. As good as they are, defenders can and will get to him.

I'm not understanding what you're trying to say here?
:huh:

Ignoring obvious comparison doesn't garner a pass...'don't understand' as you wish.

CCBoy

Reaction score
OK, try to blame someone else because you can't effectively communicate in English.

:facepalm:

Own up or just move the lame stances on...oh, and you fully understand, but have an insult built into a response that doesn't cater to your own agenda.

As if you STILL don't understand...better yet, relocate to the rant zone where your responses belong.

Or stick to the football arena, instead.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Own up or just move the lame stances on...oh, and you fully understand, but have an insult built into a response that doesn't cater to your own agenda.

As if you STILL don't understand...

Please.

You're the biggest perpetrator of attacks on this board. I said I didn't understand what you meant and you attacked me for it.

The fault lies with you. I asked you to clarify your statement and instead you turned things nasty.

If you want to start something, feel free, we can go there and give the Administrators a headache they don't need. As long as everybody knows where the problem started and act accordingly.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Please.

You're the biggest perpetrator of attacks on this board. I said I didn't understand what you meant and you attacked me for it.

The fault lies with you. I asked you to clarify your statement and instead you turned things nasty.

If you want to start something, feel free, we can go there and give the Administrators a headache they don't need. As long as everybody knows where the problem started and act accordingly.

Good Night, John Boy...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Be nice if they gave Dak enough reps so that if Moore does have an epic fail and with his arm it's possible, Dak will have a legitimate shot.
with his legs there's no reason why he can't do a decent job with this offense

You have little chance of staying afloat with a rookie 4th round pick running around trying to make plays with their legs. To do a decent job with this offense it's going to take efficient passing. Weeden was efficient in 2 of his 3 starts last season but he couldn't get the ball down the field and we didn't have a defense that could create turnovers or stop anyone. If Moore who's heading into his 5th NFL season has an epic fail the Cowboys will be in worse trouble than they were last season at backup because unless Dak is the next Russell Wilson he's going to struggle and make mistakes like most NFL rookie QBs if he has to play.

We're not going to have the defense that can overcome mistakes by our QB. We're going to have to protect our defense limiting it's exposure and it's going to take efficient play by our QB and at least a top 10 offense to do that. Can't imagine many fans are comfortable with the teams backup QB situation with Moore 0-2 as a starter and Dak being a rookie. After what happened last season no way did I think we would be heading into training camp with Kellen Moore and a 4th round draft pick as our backup QBs. Backup QB was one of our top priorities and this is all we've prepared ourselves with.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
No we did not

The only position we improved at is RB and interior defensive line.

Thats it.

We are much weaker at multiple positions.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have little chance of staying afloat with a rookie 4th round pick running around trying to make plays with their legs. To do a decent job with this offense it's going to take efficient passing. Weeden was efficient in 2 of his 3 starts last season but he couldn't get the ball down the field and we didn't have a defense that could create turnovers or stop anyone. If Moore who's heading into his 5th NFL season has an epic fail the Cowboys will be in worse trouble than they were last season at backup because unless Dak is the next Russell Wilson he's going to struggle and make mistakes like most NFL rookie QBs if he has to play.

We're not going to have the defense that can overcome mistakes by our QB. We're going to have to protect our defense limiting it's exposure and it's going to take efficient play by our QB and at least a top 10 offense to do that. Can't imagine many fans are comfortable with the teams backup QB situation with Moore 0-2 as a starter and Dak being a rookie. After what happened last season no way did I think we would be heading into training camp with Kellen Moore and a 4th round draft pick as our backup QBs. Backup QB was one of our top priorities and this is all we've prepared ourselves with.

Moore is Linehan's pet cat
He gave Moore routes that no other backup saw last year. Moore has the weakest arm since well, Garrett

I don't think Dak is starting material, but I won't put a ceiling on him yet.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Moore is Linehan's pet cat
He gave Moore routes that no other backup saw last year. Moore has the weakest arm since well, Garrett

I don't think Dak is starting material, but I won't put a ceiling on him yet.

The reason he gave Moore more leeway was our season was done and we could throw caution to the wind. As for Dak I'm just hoping he can develop into a solid backup.