kskboys
Well-Known Member
- Messages
- 62,571
- Reaction score
- 65,389
The 15th best CB in the NFL for 30 mil? Doesn't sound smart.We didn’t give up a 2 for a 14 game rental, he will be resigned
The 15th best CB in the NFL for 30 mil? Doesn't sound smart.We didn’t give up a 2 for a 14 game rental, he will be resigned
We diffidently needed CB. 31st in pass defense we were a sieveHere's the kicker. He turned down 27 mil/season from the Steelers and is a UFA after this season. You sure we didn't overpay?
Guys who are coming up for contract are available for mid round picks all the time, often very good players.
And think about this. What do we need? LBs and maybe edge rushers, right? We pay Porter and all that goes out the window. Did we overpay for a 14 game rental?
Who is Gary's replacement? And when is the out on his contract?We let Gary go and we have his replacement in house already. Decisions can be made on Clark as well. Meaning Porter can be paid.
Absolutely. However, do we need a top 5 paid CB?We diffidently needed CB. 31st in pass defense we were a sieve
15th ranked isnt what I've listened to. Either way a needed pieceThe 15th best CB in the NFL for 30 mil? Doesn't sound smart.
no GP will be tagged 1st round tender , so bigger draft picks coming, they will not allow him to just walk.. but yes will be fine either way..14 game interview for JPJ and he is a much bigger position of need given bland could be cut or treaded and diggs gone...no big deal really. If he and Pickens leave we likely get two 3 rd picks in comp.
I'm not quivering over the capAbsolutely. However, do we need a top 5 paid CB?
He's a solid cornerback K.........IF he can repeat 2025 numbers, yes, I would be perfectly fine tagging him.
BTW......we could also do a transitional tag........let the market decide value and give us first right of refusal.
I wasn’t a fan of the trade but it’s clear Dallas wants to be a physical team.Which would cost us dearly in the D rebuilding process.
He's a solid cornerback K.........IF he can repeat 2025 numbers, yes, I would be perfectly fine tagging him.
BTW......we could also do a transitional tag........let the market decide value and give us first right of refusal.

Both PFF and analysts put him around 12-20 or so. ESPN left him off their top 10 CBs list.15th ranked isnt what I've listened to. Either way a needed piece
You should be. It's one of the factors that has kept us from winning playoff games.I'm not quivering over the cap
I can't recall but I'm really glad he's a cowboyBoth PFF and analysts put him around 12-20 or so. ESPN left him off their top 10 CBs list.
Who is saying he is top 10?
I'll give you that occupationYou should be. It's one of the factors that has kept us from winning playoff games.
We do need him, just don't know that it was smart as he turned down 27 mil from the Steelers.I can't recall but I'm really glad he's a cowboy
Oh hades no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'll give you that occupation
OkWe do need him, just don't know that it was smart as he turned down 27 mil from the Steelers.
What does that accomplish? Other than hurting the cap and paying out the biggest contract ever. I don't know too many GMs other than Jones that trades for a player with the intent to tag him the next season and then decide. That's one of the worst strategies in the history of the cap. That's what you do if you don't care about cap hits, and you want to pay the player the most possible money. There is no upside to that plan unless the player happens to suck, or gets a season ending injury.He's at least top 10 and to be honest, I would NOT entertain a new contract until 2028.
That’s being mentioned cause it’s not as likely we’d resign both.Not sure why everyone is thinking it's him or Pickens .............it appears they have already decided one WR will not return in 2027.
https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-st...an-pay-two-receivers-at-the-top-of-the-market
