Did the Cowboys Peak Too Early?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Was the Cowboys comeback win on the road against the Vikes the highpoint of the season? Was Dak's winning TD pass in OT on the road against the Pats the highlight of his season? What this team put on tape with Dak against the Broncos was shameful. All of you homers out there think it was an anomaly and won't happen again but what if you're wrong? What if that is all the Cowboys are capable of for the rest of the season. If they are capable of doing that, they are capable of repeating it, game after game. This could be the greatest collapse in Cowboys history. 6-11 won't win the division. :(

Haimerej

Reaction score
Hard to say 1992 was, "too early." It was like over 30 years into their history.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Was the Cowboys comeback win on the road against the Vikes the highpoint of the season? Was Dak's winning TD pass in OT on the road against the Pats the highlight of his season? What this team put on tape with Dak against the Broncos was shameful. All of you homers out there think it was an anomaly and won't happen again but what if you're wrong? What if that is all the Cowboys are capable of for the rest of the season. If they are capable of doing that, they are capable of repeating it, game after game. This could be the greatest collapse in Cowboys history. 6-11 won't win the division. :(
No . . . No . . . and Oh Hell No

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
certainly teams who peak late in the season often make a later run. I think we played well. showed what we are capable of. team go through lull periods during season for whatever reason....so hopefully this was that. an emotional win, on the road and then a let down against an average opponent who we overlooked....so I think they will find their mojo again and be ready for post season. people tend to read too much into a loss.....

fivetwos

Reaction score
17 games plus playoffs......teams need to peak more than once lol.

Valleys as well. Tampa lost 40-3 last November.

Carson

Reaction score
17 games plus playoffs......teams need to peak more than once lol.

Valleys as well. Tampa lost 40-3 last November.
I see this comparison a lot.

With that being said, Payton is 8-1 against Arians.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
What a dumb thread.

For real lol…. This GIF sums up about 50% of my reactions to threads on this forum lol. The OP is an instant classic

200w.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
stay off the sauce..holy cow :huh::eek::rolleyes:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They did not peak at the wrong time. They will peak come December and into the playoffs.

foofighters

Reaction score
My issue is the pattern. How many years have we come out and looked formidable only to falter when it gets tough? This goes back to Jerry and the circus he loves to run. It's a distraction and allows our team to think they are better than they are. This game on Sunday will be telling. If we come out and take it to ATL, then I'll continue to feel that this team is different than past Cowboys teams. IF we let ATL hang around, then I am going to start thinking that this team is no different than the past 13-3 teams.

johneric8

Reaction score
It's pretty simple, the boys started well, almost beat Tampa, regrouped with confidence and went on a run.

After 6 straight wins they met an opponent who was better prepared, and who wanted it more and they lost.

It was an ugly loss, but in my opinion it could be the kind of beating that provides growth and a step to becoming a team better prepared come playoff time.

Remember guys, this is a very young team overall, so they still have time to grow and get better. Dak was very bad, but the whole organization stunk for the most part. I tend to believe that this was needed, and we're getting ready to learn a lot about our team.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
My issue is the pattern. How many years have we come out and looked formidable only to falter when it gets tough? This goes back to Jerry and the circus he loves to run. It's a distraction and allows our team to think they are better than they are. This game on Sunday will be telling. If we come out and take it to ATL, then I'll continue to feel that this team is different than past Cowboys teams. IF we let ATL hang around, then I am going to start thinking that this team is no different than the past 13-3 teams.
So many Cowboys fans feelings will hinge on this one game against ATL. :facepalm:

It's what is known as the Rubicon. A point when once crossed, you can not return to where you once were. We were contenders for the NFC playoff 1 seed. Lose to ATL and we will find ourselves scratching and clawing in free fall to even make the playoffs. :eek: