Did the Cowboys run the wildcat any last season?

bsheeern

Reaction score
Was the botched play against SF where Austin fumbled a handoff from romo? Only instance I can remember that would be close to resembling the wildcat.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
bsheeern;4387341 said:
Was the botched play against SF where Austin fumbled a handoff from romo? Only instance I can remember that would be close to resembling the wildcat.

Yep, that was our only try at the Wildcat or some variation of it. After Miles fumbled the rock, we did not attempt it again all year.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;4387356 said:
Yep, that was our only try at the Wildcat or some variation of it. After Miles fumbled the rock, we did not attempt it again all year.

That wasn't a wildcat. Romo was lined up under center. They just shifted Miles from a wide receiver to a running back for the play. They had run it a few times with Miles in 2009 and 2010 when they wanted to convert a 3rd and 2 or 3.

Blue Eyed Devil

Reaction score
The wildcat was the most stupid NFL offensive fad to come along in a long while. I have no clue why it was ever in our playbook.

How did no QB ever get put on IR because of that wildcat nonsense? If I was a defensive coordinator I would have put DeMarcus Ware in "press man coverage" on the QB and had Ware whack the crap out of the QB "blocking him out of the play". How did no QBs get de-cleated out there?