Did The Dallas Cowboys Improve At Defensive Tackle?

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of starting Crawford at 1 position and then switching him during the season. They've done this 2 or 3 times with him already. A player like Crawford needs to get their body right for one or the other. He wants to be light for LDE and heavy for 3-tech. Adding or dropping weight during the season is not the same as doing it during the offseason.

I'm not referring to playing LDE with a few snaps per game at 3-tech or vise-versa. I'm referring to the position where he plays 80+ percent of his snaps.

This has been my ***** for a while now:
They liked his "Potential" enough to give him a large contract, but then keep chopping and changing his position all the time. 3/4 DE - big. 4/3 DE - slim down. DT - bulk up, but play DE thru necessity. DE but play DT thru necessity - and hurt shoulder - twice. Surgery twice.
Ya give the guy big money, but hamstring him in earning it. Now its no longer a necessity so why continue to do it ?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Broaddus replied that Crawford has been playing LDE all thru mini-camp !

Wasn't Crawford held out of most of the OTAs because he was still coming back from injuries?

Also I wouldn't take it as a permanent move if he was at LDE right now, it would make sense for him to be hat he is the fallback option at that position if the others don't pan out. If they move Irving to DT and Taco and DLaw play RDE, Crawford is your best option for LDE.

I don't think that happens, I do think Irving and Taco are the LDE right now. But I wouldn't think anything right now is permanent.