Did the offense come of age today?

kevm3

Reaction score
The problem is you never know what version of the Cowboys will show up. We played lights out this game, but the very next game, we could be held to under 20. The one thing I did like was tossing the ball to Dez in the redzone for almost automatic touchdowns. Williams is looking like a serious weapon too. If we can keep this offense up going forward, then we will have a great chance to win any game.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Williams will be a good WR. Beasley is a good 3rd down slot guy. Time to let Austin and his hamstrings go.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is you never know what version of the Cowboys will show up. We played lights out this game, but the very next game, we could be held to under 20. The one thing I did like was tossing the ball to Dez in the redzone for almost automatic touchdowns. Williams is looking like a serious weapon too. If we can keep this offense up going forward, then we will have a great chance to win any game.

Those under 20 games tend to be on the road. I don't know why the offense is weaker on the road, but hopefully they'll start showing up at away games too.

Jerruh

Reaction score
While the Denver pass defense hasn't been very good against the pass, Romo looked like he was on another level from what he has shown previously. I think his ribs were bothering him more than he let on. Going forward the sky is the limit for the O.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I don't know what to make of our defense, but the offense gained all kinds of confidence out there. The offensive line and Romo were exceptional. Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley showed up big time. Witten was Witten. Harris and Escobar can be counted on too. And Dez, well, I'm so glad he's a Cowboy.

The question is can we do this on offense every week. The defense is going to give up yards and points, but if the offense plays like they did today they will win most games. Did we abandon the run at times? Yes, but the passing game was so successful that I really don't blame the coaching staff this time.

Will we see this kind of offensive production in every game? It remains to be seen, but there is hope that one area of the team might be able to dominate. We need to clean up the stupid penalties and not put too much on Romo's shoulders because some bad things can happen as we know. Overall, I'm proud of our offense and this may have been a coming of age game. We'll see.

Starting to come together, the offensive machine.:p

al124

Reaction score
NO. They lost the game when they had the ball in their hands with a chance to win it. I dont give a crap about the statistics they put up. Or how the defense was poor. A good QB and a good offense drives the ball and wins the game.

This.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
I don't know what to make of our defense, but the offense gained all kinds of confidence out there. The offensive line and Romo were exceptional. Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley showed up big time. Witten was Witten. Harris and Escobar can be counted on too. And Dez, well, I'm so glad he's a Cowboy.

The question is can we do this on offense every week. The defense is going to give up yards and points, but if the offense plays like they did today they will win most games. Did we abandon the run at times? Yes, but the passing game was so successful that I really don't blame the coaching staff this time.

Will we see this kind of offensive production in every game? It remains to be seen, but there is hope that one area of the team might be able to dominate. We need to clean up the stupid penalties and not put too much on Romo's shoulders because some bad things can happen as we know. Overall, I'm proud of our offense and this may have been a coming of age game. We'll see.

This team has been so inconsistent,that they very well could score 17 next week,not be able to run the ball,and lose to the Commanders.I hope they've come of age,but only time will tell.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The game plan this week was a heck of a lot better than the crap they called last week vs SD. The combo routes, like Escobar running a Streak up the seem, with Witten trailing running a post for an easy 20 yard gain. Havent seen them try to exploit the middle of the field like that much in recent history. Throwing deep with single coverage, also made a big difference, it opened up the whole field. I just hope the coaches have the stones to stay aggressive.