Did the offense come of age today?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know what to make of our defense, but the offense gained all kinds of confidence out there. The offensive line and Romo were exceptional. Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley showed up big time. Witten was Witten. Harris and Escobar can be counted on too. And Dez, well, I'm so glad he's a Cowboy.

The question is can we do this on offense every week. The defense is going to give up yards and points, but if the offense plays like they did today they will win most games. Did we abandon the run at times? Yes, but the passing game was so successful that I really don't blame the coaching staff this time.

Will we see this kind of offensive production in every game? It remains to be seen, but there is hope that one area of the team might be able to dominate. We need to clean up the stupid penalties and not put too much on Romo's shoulders because some bad things can happen as we know. Overall, I'm proud of our offense and this may have been a coming of age game. We'll see.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Sure looks like it.

Cowboys mega offense + Cowboys historically pitiful defense probably means 8-8 right?

Reaction score
NO. They lost the game when they had the ball in their hands with a chance to win it. I dont give a crap about the statistics they put up. Or how the defense was poor. A good QB and a good offense drives the ball and wins the game.

RS12

Reaction score
Denver is 30th in the league versus the pass. Lets see what happens going forward.

Thatkidbob

Reaction score
I think we can do this every week... It just seems like, for whatever reason, we don't always open up the playbook.

Those quick slants to Dez & Beasley are always there for the taking. The seam routes for Witten & Williams as well. Also, if the protection is there, Dez is great on double move routes...

It's just a matter of making a commitment to mixing it up and throwing it deep.

And going to Dez in the redzone.

Thatkidbob

Reaction score
NO. They lost the game when they had the ball in their hands with a chance to win it. I dont give a crap about the statistics they put up. Or how the defense was poor. A good QB and a good offense drives the ball and wins the game.
Then why did they have a chance to win it?

Why was this Denver's closest game of the year?

Why was Peyton's passer rating lower than Romo's?

Which QB really played a better game?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Denver is 30th in the league versus the pass. Lets see what happens going forward.

Good point, but our offense hasn't looked this good in a loooooong time. Has Denver given up 48 points before today? I'm not even sure, but this was undoubtedly one of the best, if not the best, any offense has done against them.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
all the receiving targets showed that they can be threats, and are becoming more reliable. if dallas spreads the ball around and don't forget to run, the offense will get better as the year goes along. as sad as a regular season loss can be, the goal is to win in the playoffs. the team playing the best at the end is the team that wins.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
You honestly expect this staff to call a game like this again? It worked, so I'm not counting on it.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Romo, but the timing of his mistakes is what kills him. Payton threw an interception too, but the timing wasn't as devastating.

Reaction score

There is only one relevant question: Who won?

I am so tired of the apologists on this board. Moral victories are for losers. Fact is, whether its the Commanders Week 17 last year, or the Eagles the year before, on Denver today, we have a QB and an offense that cannot get it done when it matters.

50cent

Reaction score
Fools Gold!! Our philosophy is wrong. This is a make-less-mistakes-running team. Enjoy your 2-3 Cowboys that avg 500+ pass yards!!

khiladi

Reaction score

Part of the reason is because they are up by a lot, and probably just go prevent and soft...

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I am so tired of the apologists on this board. Moral victories are for losers. Fact is, whether its the Commanders Week 17 last year, or the Eagles the year before, on Denver today, we have a QB and an offense that cannot get it done when it matters.

No moral victories here. I just saw a spark on offense that I haven't seen in a long time. I'd love to keep seeing it.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
no, beacuse they probably wont do it again, and if they dont, you have your answer. But right now the safe money is no.

Thatkidbob

Reaction score

Romo was the better QB tonight.

Manning was on the better team tonight.

Look at the rushing yards... they tell the story. When you're gashing a team with the run, they can't get after your QB the way Denver did against us.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Hard for me to agree with that in a game like this.

500 yards, 5tds, 1int, and we didn't win.

Reaction score
No moral victories here. I just saw a spark on offense that I haven't seen in a long time. I'd love to keep seeing it.

This is a fair point. Yes, there was a spark and Romo played well, no doubt. But the QB position is defined by players who get it done in the clutch: Staubach, Montana, Brady, Manning(s). Romo will never be in that company.