Did the Packers blitz on every play?

perrykemp

Reaction score
Am I crazy in thinking the Packers blitzed just about every play with the exceptions of some 3rd and longs where they just rushed three and dropped 8?

I cannot remember the last time I remember a team getting blitzed like that -- it was crazy.

Brooksey

Reaction score
perrykemp;3080419 said:
Am I crazy in thinking the Packers blitzed just about every play with the exceptions of some 3rd and longs where they just rushed three and dropped 8?

I cannot remember the last time I remember a team getting blitzed like that -- it was crazy.

Pretty much. That is how you beat JG's offensive scheme because he does not know how to produce a REAL running game.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Anyone see Dungy analyzing the Romo fumble on SNF?

Woodson showed he was blitzing, Romo didnt recognize and BOOM...Dungy said Romo has got to recognize the safeties inching towards the side that the blitz is coming from, Romo didnt even look to the left and was waiting for Roy11 to make his double move and go deep. Crayton recognized the blitz, obviously, and was waiting for the ball but it never came..

Brady, Brees and Manning would have made the defense pay. I'm not saying this game was Romo's fault by any means but he needs to make the defenses pay for blitzing A TON more than he has been.

ddh33

Reaction score
The worst part was that it was working.

This line hasn't been talked about much because the team has been winning, but they still struggle at times. The Eagles really uglied up that game and had Romo on the run. The Packers did an even better job today.

Truth is, if Romo wasn't so slippery back there, he would be getting a ton more sacks.

ddh33

Reaction score
ajk23az;3080757 said:
Anyone see Dungy analyzing the Romo fumble on SNF?

Woodson showed he was blitzing, Romo didnt recognize and BOOM...Dungy said Romo has got to recognize the safeties inching towards the side that the blitz is coming from, Romo didnt even look to the left and was waiting for Roy11 to make his double move and go deep. Crayton recognized the blitz, obviously, and was waiting for the ball but it never came..

Brady, Brees and Manning would have made the defense pay. I'm not saying this game was Romo's fault by any means but he needs to make the defenses pay for blitzing A TON more than he has been.

I heard Aikman say that he thought Flozell should have picked that up, and Tony should have expected Flozell to pick that up.

That's why I would love to be in film meetings tomorrow.

Eskimo

Reaction score
The biggest reason we have had troubles with blitzes is the line routinely leaves one man unblocked even though we have enough blockers in to pickup everybody most of the time. Last year people blamed it on Kosier. I think the fault lies in the fact that Gurode and Flo are particularly poor at adjusting to the blitz.

I'm not sure there is anything that can be done about Flo at this stage of his career. Hopefully Houck can fix this but he's been here 1.5 years and it is still a big problem. My guess is the problem with the OL and not with the coach given his track record.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
ddh33;3080775 said:
I heard Aikman say that he thought Flozell should have picked that up, and Tony should have expected Flozell to pick that up.

I'm pretty sure the outside LB blitzed also and occupied Flo, and Woodson went right between Flo and Kosier who was also occupied with a DL.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
if i continually did something to an opponent

and knew their offense coordinator would do nothing to adjust i would keep doing it to.

you keep running it until they show you they can consistently stop it

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ddh33;3080775 said:

Makes no sense because Flo had another guy to block on his own on the same play. That guy is Romo's job to deal with, you cant expect Flo to block two guys.