Did this year settle the “if coaches or players matter more” debate

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is a choker. More interceptions than touchdowns in NFC championship games.

People really underrate clutchness.
Rodgers has 9 TDs to 8 INTs in Championship games.
9 TDs to 6 INTs in Championship games they lost, including 2 with a 3/1 ratio.
In the game they won, he had his worst game (against a great D).

JayFord

Reaction score
I dont think Mike McCarthy is a bad coach i mean 6-10 with everyone on the IR and one game out of missing the playoffs

the offense still did well considering what went on and the last time this happened in 2015 that offense was hard to watch

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe it also depends on the level of play, I would say at the lower levels up through college its definitely both because of the teaching aspect, By the time you get to the professional level it's not as much, as players you should have learned pretty much what it takes. Example, when this secondary was looking confused at running cover 4(quaters coverage) you had folks and former players mystified because you learn those coverages at the HS level, some at the youth level. no way should it had been that confusing
This is true, but aside from the teaching aspect of coaching, there is the scouting, and game planning, and play calling, and using personnel in the most effective way etc … Again, I'm not saying this can override talent, but it can certainly undermine it.

Dre11

Reaction score
This is true, but aside from the teaching aspect of coaching, there is the scouting, and game planning, and play calling, and using personnel in the most effective way etc … Again, I'm not saying this can override talent, but it can certainly undermine it.
yep I get it, but at the end of the day it comes down to what group of players execute the best because all schemes are drawn up to work on paper, but who executes it better on any given day? thats on the players and talent. its not like a madden game where you can control a player to do exactly what you want.