OK, you crooners, crank up the Franker.

“Strangers on the field, exchanging glances

Wondering who is that guy

What were the chances, we’d be sharing this field

And what was that confused look?

Something in your eyes said we’re fine

You are in the locker next to mine

So tell me, where’s my playbook”.

A team is a complicated mechanism and needs stationary parts in order to run smoothly. Too many moving parts and it starts to come undone because a real team really doesn't have interchangeable parts.

This team has been thrown together under the most unusual circumstances and they don't even really know each other yet. Even the old timers that have been around, it's all new to them.

Well constructed teams have mini teams, units, within the team like the OL, DL and Secondary that have to have dependency on each other and trust in each other. Do you see that with any unit on this team?

If they were completely healthy, they'd still have that "breaking in" period in order to become cohesive but this team has been ravaged by injuries as has PHL and we see the end result. Both still have players but they are not playing as a team.

I think it would be a benefit for everyone of us, particularly those so pissed at how this season's going, to just take a little time and really look at this team objectively and I am not talking about excuses but reasons for what we are seeing.

Personalize this as I did. I pictured my radio stations that I worked diligently to make into a team with half the employees gone and replaced by new ones that I didn't even know. My objectives, as the coach, would change drastically at that point and the ultimate goal, winning, would be shaded until I could get a clearer view.

One thing about last night's game. The Cowboys weren't missing their QB, they were missing their unquestioned leader. That was a leaderless team on display and the player missing that leader the most was the RB having a horrible night of it. We know that leader would have been right there for Elliott.

This is not about Prescott but all of the changes that have taken place on this team. No team can withstand all of these changes and losing it's leader. He might not be an elite QB but I don't put any QB above him as the leader.

The team lost it's heart and I don't think there is any replacing that this season. Again, this is not about Dak but while you discuss his worth and value this off season, keep the value of a missing leader in mind. It's priceless.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
yeah , they were 8-8 lost a lot of players. The only upgrade was Lamb over Cobb. Other than that there’s a bunch of downgrades. I got called stupid when I said Quinn is better than Griffen.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A team is a complicated mechanism and needs stationary parts in order to run smoothly. Too many moving parts and it starts to come undone because a real team really doesn't have interchangeable parts.

This team has been thrown together under the most unusual circumstances and they don't even really know each other yet. Even the old timers that have been around, it's all new to them.

Well constructed teams have mini teams, units, within the team like the OL, DL and Secondary that have to have dependency on each other and trust in each other. Do you see that with any unit on this team?

If they were completely healthy, they'd still have that "breaking in" period in order to become cohesive but this team has been ravaged by injuries as has PHL and we see the end result. Both still have players but they are not playing as a team.

I think it would be a benefit for everyone of us, particularly those so pissed at how this season's going, to just take a little time and really look at this team objectively and I am not talking about excuses but reasons for what we are seeing.

Personalize this as I did. I pictured my radio stations that I worked diligently to make into a team with half the employees gone and replaced by new ones that I didn't even know. My objectives, as the coach, would change drastically at that point and the ultimate goal, winning, would be shaded until I could get a clearer view.

One thing about last night's game. The Cowboys weren't missing their QB, they were missing their unquestioned leader. That was a leaderless team on display and the player missing that leader the most was the RB having a horrible night of it. We know that leader would have been right there for Elliott.

This is not about Prescott but all of the changes that have taken place on this team. No team can withstand all of these changes and losing it's leader. He might not be an elite QB but I don't put any QB above him as the leader.

The team lost it's heart and I don't think there is any replacing that this season. Again, this is not about Dak but while you discuss his worth and value this off season, keep the value of a missing leader in mind. It's priceless.
They are in serious disarray to be fair. The coaches need to step up.

blumayne38

Reaction score

I don’t think it has anything to do with dak “being a leader” that’s why the record was still bad. It has more to do with players being bitter about dak making as much as he did...maybe the team some of the players felt he should take less to get more on the team. And they play that way.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think it has anything to do with dak “being a leader” that’s why the record was still bad. It has more to do with players being bitter about dak making as much as he did...maybe the team some of the players felt he should take less to get more on the team. And they play that way.
Could not disagree more, these players root for each other to break the bank, it's all about the money.

If that's the case, how do you explain them playing with him to bring them back from the holes they're in.

The Cowboys were in the comeback rut. They expect to get down and then come back and now they can't do that.

Praxit

Reaction score
.....Well CC, I expected a much better display last night, then what played out. Dak was that immaterial apparition laying its ghost everywhere. Clearly indicating why he's our #1 QB. By end of 1st half, I told my wife lets watch that movie you wanted to see.. ;)..

blumayne38

Reaction score
Could not disagree more, these players root for each other to break the bank, it's all about the money.

If that's the case, how do you explain them playing with him to bring them back from the holes they're in.

The Cowboys were in the comeback rut. They expect to get down and then come back and now they can't do that.
No one is in that locker room I agree with you it’s all speculation. But the bad play comes from somewhere or something...you don’t just fall off a cliff this fast for no reason.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
No one could have predicted this defense. No one. Lawrence, McCoy, Poe, Smith, Sunglass Hut, LVE, Chido, Lewis, Diggs, Woods, HAHA. Lee, Hill, Gallimore, Woods, Brown, Gregory, Thomas, Worley subbing in. On paper it looked good. Couple cuts and injuries still looked good. This thing is a complete disaster.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

It's always something with the Cowboys - this guy got hurt, that coach sucks, extended the wrong contracts, the sun was in their eyes - 25 years of excuses.

Same two guys running the show the entire time.

lwehlers

Reaction score
It's always something with the Cowboys - this guy got hurt, that coach sucks, extended the wrong contracts, the sun was in their eyes - 25 years of excuses.

Same two guys running the show the entire time.
amen to that.

cowboyec

Reaction score
maybe.
maybe my love for the history of this team.
what i grew up with under Coach Landry...has clouded any objectivity.
but the reality that i'm struggling with personally is kicking my *** every sunday and in primetime....and that reality is....
the team i'm continually seeing is not the one my head told me we were.
i'm seeing an average team.
and my head told me we are better than that.
this is probably why i make my living cleaning toilets...and not working for my Cowboys.
WHERE HAVE YOU GONE COACH LANDRY.
AN ANGRY COWBOYS NATION TURNS ITS LONELY EYES TO YOU...

Diehardblues

Reaction score

And that’s really the basic difference without Dak. We have lost our comeback ability regardless if it was coming up short more times than not.

GMO415

Reaction score
We put the gimp J Smith on the quickest feet in the NFL- K Murray. Makes no sense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I liked the way the game begun. Our defense was flying to the ball forcing 3 consecutive punts. But once the turnover debacle begun it was game, set and match cause without Dak no comeback ability.

I think if we had played turnover free it would have been a close game and we might could have made it interesting in the end.

The turnovers is our biggest Shonda this year . Dead last in the league in turnover differential. Losing football regardless who our QB is.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You all do this every year. You see us neglect the backend, you see us let defensive players go, you see Jerry draft jersey sellers and this place celebrates like these first round skill players win Super Bowls (they don't)

And then you all go into full meltdown mode when you see our defense get shredded because we have trenches and backfield full of scrubs and retreads. Factor in poor depth, then once injury bugs hit, we have a projected worst defense in Cowboys history.

Rinse and repeat for the 2021 season as well.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
We put the gimp J Smith on the quickest feet in the NFL- K Murray. Makes no sense.

Because a lot of you think the scouting reports (that were overblown) about Jaylon Smith being a sideline to sideline speedster still applies today. He was always a moron, go watch his college tape. Dude often got faked out.

Aven8

Reaction score
You’re wrong about Dak. He’s an elite Leader of men. It was obvious when McCarthy said that last week during practice when he was missing. This dude deserves every penny he gets.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we turn the ball over 4 times , Dak prob loses the game too. It’s probably just more interesting.

Our issues this year are more deeply seeded than just injuries .