Did we just pass on Zack Martin?

J12B

Reaction score
Well that would mean 25 other teams also passed on Martin.

I mean if Barton turns out to be that good and Guyton is a bust, it will be a terrible look for those in the front office who made the draft decisions today.

But no way of knowing right now so it's best to not even think about those sorts of things.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Seriously, from the center position of course, could Barton have been that guy? :oops:

Please give me your thoughts. Shots fired Coog's :laugh:
I don't think there's a big drop-off from Barton to JPJ/Frazier and they may actually prove to be better centers. Of course, the trouble is that we won't likely get JPJ or Frazier, either.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
When yesterday began, I think many of us were coming to terms with Guyton being the pick, so the fact that it occurred while gaining a valuable third should be viewed as a solid move.

In terms of Barton being “that guy” at center, he could be, but we lose sight of his limited time playing that position. No guarantee on that one.

Mookie

Reaction score
Guyton would road smash Barton. We got a monster. A steal and an extra pick. WIN
Also Guyton wants to be a Cowboy, cried his heart out, accomplished his dream and didn't allow a sack for the entire season. He reminds me of Trent Williams except bigger and hengrier. Dude is 21, he can be an All-Pro for a decade, and yes, he could eat Barton for lunch.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Guyton would road smash Barton. We got a monster. A steal and an extra pick. WIN
Why is it always one or the other extreme? We either got Superman or a total bust?

It was a pretty good first draft day for the Cowboys. Got one extra 3rd pick and a supposedly good starting OT. But just like with Mazi you never know.

I like the overall outcome though, the FO made some pretty good decisions. but we won't be able to say before a couple of games in whether it was a good pick or not.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Seriously, from the center position of course, could Barton have been that guy? :oops:

Potentially, yes.

However, when you have too many holes, you are forced to trade back.

Bigger question is if we resigned T. Smith, would we have passed on Barton?

By the way the Jets drafted an OT. Interesting.

So who was correct. Time may tell.

GMO415

Reaction score
Is Dallas going two years straight with their 1st picks riding the pine?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where is Prince Valium when you need him?

superonyx

Reaction score
Is Dallas going two years straight with their 1st picks riding the pine?
With the holes on this line he shouldn't be riding the pine.
He needs to start because we have no one else to.... good times.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

The correct question is this........

Is Guyton + 3rd round pick >>>>>>>Barton

The Cowboys rolled the dice and said "yes"..............time will tell if this is actually true or not.