Did we just pass on Zack Martin?

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Why is it always one or the other extreme? We either got Superman or a total bust?

It was a pretty good first draft day for the Cowboys. Got one extra 3rd pick and a supposedly good starting OT. But just like with Mazi you never know.

I like the overall outcome though, the FO made some pretty good decisions. but we won't be able to say before a couple of games in whether it was a good pick or not.
People need to get off mazi and see the Quinn was Miss using him. Let’s see what zimmer does with him

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I believe they will find their center in the later rounds or possibly go with a guy already on the roster.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I wasn’t a Tyler Smith fan either at first, so Im actually going to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I wasn’t happy about passing on Barton.

The pick seems to provide more of an avenue to get out of the Steele mistake than a starting LT.

I suppose this also ends the Ball/Waletzko/Richards fantasies.

Too many are a little too giddy over adding a third considering names like Overshown, Tolbert, Wright, Golston and Osa.

If they trade up for an injured RB theres a good chance they get zero immediate starters out of this draft.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Seriously, from the center position of course, could Barton have been that guy? :oops:

Please give me your thoughts. Shots fired Coog's :laugh:
Barton's absolute upside ceiling is probably Martin.
But Dallas has two All Pro level OGs.
So they'd have to shift either Barton or Tyler.
Have to figure Martin has at least 2 years left in him.
But Barton is probably not going to end up as good as Martin because so very very few do.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I wasn’t a Tyler Smith fan either at first, so Im actually going to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I wasn’t happy about passing on Barton.

The pick seems to provide more of an avenue to get out of the Steele mistake than a starting LT.

I suppose this also ends the Ball/Waletzko/Richards fantasies.

Too many are a little too giddy over adding a third considering names like Overshown, Tolbert, Wright, Golston and Osa.

If they trade up for an injured RB theres a good chance they get zero immediate starters out of this draft.
Dallas has earned the benefit of the doubt at OL that is for sure.
Had they taken a DT we'd have to just hold our breath and pray.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
LT is always more valuable than C unless you already have a Tyron Smith.
It was clear all along that Dallas prioritized LT over center. Barton, JPJ, Frazier were never in their plans for round 1 and not even a consideration when they moved down.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Dallas has earned the benefit of the doubt at OL that is for sure.
Had they taken a DT we'd have to just hold our breath and pray.
Speaking of which….yeah there’s several needs/topics out there for today, but what’s the plan at DT? Doesn’t se like a priority although that’s typically what gets us bounced in the end.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
It's never good when some terms like raw, poor technique, inexperience and project are used to describe a first round pick

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
The NFL didn't think Barton's the next Zach Martin (26th pick). The Cowboys didn't think Barton is the next Zach Martin. They only had 15 first round grades. At pick 24, it's likely all of first round grades were gone and they liked 4 players that probably had high second round grades.

khiladi

Reaction score
LT is always more valuable than C unless you already have a Tyron Smith.
It was clear all along that Dallas prioritized LT over center. Barton, JPJ, Frazier were never in their plans for round 1 and not even a consideration when they moved down.
I thought they were planning to move Tyler Smith to LT. And Barton gets major push, meaning for the run game.