Did Witten retire because he knew the ship be sinking?

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
It's been pretty much stated in here already, That outside job offer was a once in a lifetime offer. Had that not been made available to him, I believe he would have been on the field for us Sunday.

khiladi

Reaction score
Saying "it's hyperbole" doesn't magically make something fit into the conversation, nor does it magically make something that makes no sense have a point. Your post had no point, nor did it fit into the discussion, so call it what you want, it was still pointless nonsense.

One more time.. OmerV does not dictate the use of vernacular expressions and your post shows you are clearly obsessed with me.

Basically this is you:

“Do you really mean Witten was in the backfield as a RB that we ran play-action fake with him every time.. hahahaha.. how is that possible.. that’s just ridiculous.. not only that, this is improper use of vernacular language because I say so.. yeah, I won an argument..”

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One more time.. OmerV does not dictate the use of vernacular expressions and your post shows you are clearly obsessed with me to the point you are trying to argue when I can or cannot use hyperbole and sarcasm.

Basically this is you:

“Do you really mean Witten was in the backfield as a RB that we ran play-action fake with him every time.. hahahaha.. how is that possible.. that’s just ridiculous.. yeah, I won an argument..”

lol - yep, I'm obsessed with stupidity. It fascinates me.

By your thinking a thread could have pages of commentary about the wide receivers, and you could out of the blue post that Sean Lee wears a sock on his left foot when he goes to bed, and as longs as you call it hyperbole and sarcasm it somehow magically fits into the conversation and makes a point. It doesn't. You can make stupid comments all you want and justify it by calling it hyperbole or sarcasm, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's nonsensical and a terrible effort at sarcasm, which only works if it is a commentary on something real, not something you fabricated in your own mind that only you are aware of.

Frankly I think you are just makings up nonsense and when you get called on it you just say it's okay because it's hyperbole. It's your go to for covering your nonsensical posts.

khiladi

Reaction score
lol - yep, I'm obsessed with stupidity. It fascinates me.

By your thinking a thread could have pages of commentary about the wide receivers, and you could out of the blue post that Sean Lee wears a sock on his left foot when he goes to bed, and as longs as you call it hyperbole and sarcasm it somehow magically fits into the conversation and makes a point. It doesn't. You can make stupid comments all you want and justify it by calling it hyperbole or sarcasm, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's nonsensical and a terrible effort at sarcasm, which only works if it is a commentary on something real, not something you fabricated in your own mind that only you are aware of.

Frankly I think you are just makings up nonsense and when you get called on it you just say it's okay because it's hyperbole. It's your go to for covering your nonsensical posts.

And there he goes again.. obsession.. now he’s on to Sean Lee and socks and what he wears to bed..

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
After seeing week 1, something tells me that Witten got the sense this team would be a disaster and he didn't want to waste another year playing for this team. If the Boys were a legit super bowl contender and he believed that, something tells me he's still on the roster. But he knew, saw something about the coaching, Dak, etc. that told him he needs to get out now..
Written is not prescient, mates.
He retired because he sucks and he knew he'd be cut!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And there he goes again.. obsession.. now he’s on to Sean Lee and socks and what he wears to bed..

Hmmmm - there was no communication between us all day, and then you sought me out to start this up again .....
And I'm obsessed? Well, I guess that makes about as much sense as anything else you've written.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Here comes another guy obsessed with me, because I hurt his feelings regarding Dak..
You're awful full of yourself to suggest anyone is obsessed. Do you even know what that word means?
You couldn't possibly affect my feelings, lmao. Dak?

What a tool.

khiladi

Reaction score
Hmmmm - there was no communication between us all day, and then you sought me out to start this up again .....
And I'm obsessed? Well, I guess that makes about as much sense as anything else you've written.

Cute.. I sought you out when I got an alert that you responded to me again, about how you are the standard by which to dictate vernacular language once again..

Let’s go back to what your original post was:

“Witten in a play fake, as a RB... don’t be silly.. your use of hyperbole and sarcasm is clearly wrong if that’s not what you meant.. I win.. Sean lees socks.. left feet... hahahaha.. victory..”

Obsession

khiladi

Reaction score
You're awful full of yourself to suggest anyone is obsessed. Do you even know what that word means?
You couldn't possibly affect my feelings, lmao. Dak?

What a tool.

You inserting yourself in this conversation clearly demonstrates you are obsessed too..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You inserting yourself in this conversation clearly demonstrates your obsessed too..
Nope. I feel sorry for you.
Good talk, I gotta run. Have trying to convince yourself fans here care about you enough to even be remotely obsessed. You're just not that important.

I have to work. I will miss your intellectually intriguing posts!

khiladi

Reaction score
Nope. I feel sorry for you.
Good talk, I gotta run. Have trying to convince yourself fans here care about you enough to even be remotely obsessed. You're just not that important.

I have to work. I will miss your intellectually intriguing posts!

Another “I have to work” to make one’s self feel superior while “ironically” still being on this forum endlessly defending Dak’s honor.. cute

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cute.. I sought you out when I got an alert that you responded to me again, about how you are the standard by which to dictate vernacular language once again..

Let’s go back to what your original post was:

“Witten in a play fake, as a RB... don’t be silly.. your use of hyperbole and sarcasm is clearly wrong if that’s not what you meant.. I win.. Sean lees socks.. left feet... hahahaha.. victory..”

Obsession

Once again, you are working hard to perpetuate a nonsensical argument. Have at it - you are on your own. It's your obsession, not mine. Bye now.

cern

Reaction score
truculence is difficult to bear when I like both sides. a battle of wits should be predicated on the sharpness of the rapier, not blunt force trauma. I've been told to do things to myself that are both physically and anatomically impossible, and yet never get bent out of shape (no pun) over it.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Witten knew the well was going dry here. SJ, JJ, and JG have sunk to all time lows this season and he saw the writing on the wall. The wise ones always know when to call it quits.

conner01

Reaction score
Not one little bit.

He was offered the Monday Night Football job opening!

And he was smart enough to know that window would quickly close and the spot would be filled if he passed.
Exactly
Conspiracy theories aside any player at the end of their career offered a premier broadcast job you can do for 20 years maybe and make huge money would be a fool not to take it

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Witten retired because he got offered a good gig in TV. I mean, who would not have taken that deal?