Did Woodson go down today?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
From a newspaper:

CB Charles Woodson (toe) was in the locker room. Here's what Woodson had to say after the game: "It’s not broken, but it hurts,” he said. "It’s my big toe on my right foot. I did the same thing on my other foot once in Oakland.” Woodson said it was too early to tell whether he could play against Dallas;

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Turf toe sucks. I'd be suprised, and impressed, if he were to play next week.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Didn't that toe bother Woodson for a while in Oakland? I know he kept getting injured up there in Oakland.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Im not too worried about their defense. They are pretty good but their offense is what is going to piss me off. I can only imagine how many times favre will convert a 3rd down against dallas. Defense had a solid game today but needs a better performance next week.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Aikman and Buck said that the Packers were making a big effort of late to try to get 2 of their backup corners more playing time, even before the Woodson injury.

ologan

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1784313 said:
Im not too worried about their defense. They are pretty good but their offense is what is going to piss me off. I can only imagine how many times favre will convert a 3rd down against dallas. Defense had a solid game today but needs a better performance next week.

I suspect you may see Tank Johnson play a little more of a part in the defense next week,especially if we go heavy on coverage. He's played them probably more than anyone on the team,and we will surely need a run stopper-big body in the middle next week. Hopefully he will step it up this week.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
RomoIsBack;1784349 said:
can we stop the 5 wide

I dont believe they will do that against us. We have two top notch pass rushers on each side. I think that would be something the packers stay away from next week.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
The Packers will definately go 5-Wide against the Cowboys, they do it every game.

They seemed to do alot of it when they needed short yardage and would just throw it to the inside receiver on a slant.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
ologan;1784363 said:
I suspect you may see Tank Johnson play a little more of a part in the defense next week,especially if we go heavy on coverage. He's played them probably more than anyone on the team,and we will surely need a run stopper-big body in the middle next week. Hopefully he will step it up this week.

Newsflash: They dont run the ball. They pass. They passed for 14 consecutive downs against the Lions today.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
that sounds serious but we have injuries too so there cant be any excuses...we have been playing this year without two of our most important pieces. fergy and glenn...also the corners too....

ologan

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1784479 said:
Newsflash: They dont run the ball. They pass. They passed for 14 consecutive downs against the Lions today.

Then why are the so called experts all saying that GB has finally found a running game? If we go heavy on the pass protection packages next week,we still have to respect the run,and thats where Tank may show up. I'm fully well aware of how much they pass,newsflash...but at the end of the game next week, I don't want the Pack running game to have surprised us.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
ologan;1784513 said:
Then why are the so called experts all saying that GB has finally found a running game? If we go heavy on the pass protection packages next week,we still have to respect the run,and thats where Tank may show up. I'm fully well aware of how much they pass,newsflash...but at the end of the game next week, I don't want the Pack running game to have surprised us.

Because the one run they have is the 15th play after 14 consecutive passes where everyone is expecting pass, and it goes for a big gain. They cant run consistently, they just run at the right times and catch the defense off balance.

I'd rather get caught off balance on a run play one out of 15 times than the other way around.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ologan;1784513 said:
They do run the ball more now with Grant but they don't run up the gut.