Did y'all notice whenever ESPN is ts talking about the T.O Story ......

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Kolemmitt;2484532 said:
With all the coverage, you would think that nations were preparing for war and that millions of lives were are stake. But, no. On a football team, a receiver or two want to get the ball more so they talk to their offensive coordinator. I have been on numerous teams, I have coached numerous teams. Every single one of them had players that wanted to play more, wanted to get the ball more, wanted to do this, wanted to do that, didn't like this guy, etc. etc. What a freaking joke.
At least my NBA team is the Utah Jazz, and absolutely no one cares about them.

Did your receivers yell at you on the sidelines, go to the local media to complain about their playing time, publicly criticize your quarterbacks because they weren't getting the ball?

Just asking. :)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
superpunk;2484536 said:
I;m sorry Captain Literal, I guess I should have said that the Portis story is getting "Considerably less publicity". Which is odd, considering they have audio of Portis ACTUALLY saying all this. Whereas with the Cowboys story, there is no concrete stuff.

Uh, yes, there is CONCRETE stuff. Or did you miss the stories about the players' meeting with Garrett to discuss their role in the offense and asking Romo to look their way and not favor just Witten?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
5Countem5;2484535 said:
When was that?

I pharaphrase: I can only make plays if the ball is thrown my way.

I'll give you two hints who said that ... T.O. ;)

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2484542 said:
Uh, yes, there is CONCRETE stuff. Or did you miss the stories about the players' meeting with Garrett to discuss their role in the offense and asking Romo to look their way and not favor just Witten?

The meeting that JASON called?

Yeah we heard about it, what's your point?

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2484548 said:
I pharaphrase: I can only make plays if the ball is thrown my way.

I'll give you two hints who said that ... T.O. ;)

You feel that is out of line?

:lmao2:You're a sensitive little feller aren't you? :lmao2:

superpunk

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2484542 said:
No, I did not miss it. There are several different versions of every story. One has the players going all in together. Another has Only Crayton and Williams, and TO going in another time. Another says that it was Garrett who called the meetings, and he held each of them individually. There's more misinformation out there than you can shake a stick at. There is almost nothing CONCRETE about any of these stories.

But this is the story. The Portis story, which there are Portis very own words available in crystal clear audio, is swept under the rug.

Noone gives a **** about Washington or Portis, apparently.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
5Countem5;2484549 said:
The meeting that JASON called?

Yeah we heard about it, what's your point?

LOL!

So Jason calls a meeting not knowing the nature of the meeting?

And I have a bridge on Mars for sale.

Jason CALLS the meeting because he's already aware that there's a problem brewing.

You think Jason was unaware of these problems? He just decides to call a meeting, and he's ambushed by the feelings of T.O. and company? :laugh1:

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2484566 said:
LOL!

So Jason calls a meeting not knowing the nature of the meeting?

And I have a bridge on Mars for sale.

Jason CALLS the meeting because he's already aware that there's a problem brewing.

You think Jason was unaware of these problems? He just decides to call a meeting, and he's ambushed by the feelings of T.O. and company? :laugh1:

Put your foil hat back on...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
superpunk;2484555 said:
No, I did not miss it. There are several different versions of every story. One has the players going all in together. Another has Only Crayton and Williams, and TO going in another time. Another says that it was Garrett who called the meetings, and he held each of them individually. There's more misinformation out there than you can shake a stick at. There is almost nothing CONCRETE about any of these stories.

But this is the story. The Portis story, which there are Portis very own words available in crystal clear audio, is swept under the rug.

Noone gives a **** about Washington or Portis, apparently.

First, there is something concrete about the Dallas story, namely, the receivers want the ball more, and think Romo is focusing on Jason too much.

Second, the Portis situation was not swept under the rug. It has been reported, and many media outlets have reported that story.

Third, I agree with your sentiment that nobody cares about Washington or Portis, comparatively speaking. The Commanders aren't as popular as the Cowboys.

ESPN (as well as the other media outlets) loves the Cowboys because the Cowboys attract attention and are moneymakers and ratings grabbers.

Just look at today's USA TODAY. Whose picture is on the front page above the fold? Tony Romo's.

I can understand your and others frustration with the Cowboys constantly being in the news for negative reasons. But I'm more philosophical about it, I guess.

If a team/person/player is popular, then everything they do - the good and the bad - is going to be highlighted at the top of the newspaper or as the lead story on television.

It just goes with the territory.