Did ya'll see the Horsecollar?

cowboyfreak

Reaction score
Did ya'll see the Horsecollar that Shanle performed. It wasn't called.
It looked like a textbook horsecollar to me. An immediate jerk down of the ball carrier-outside the tacklebox-by pulling on the back of the shoulder pads.

There is so much grey area in this assinine rule that I feel that only Roy Williams will draw this stupid flag. Has there ever been a time when 1 player footed the bill for the NFL's stupidity? :mad:

Wait.. I know the answer to that...yes.
Emmitt, EWilliams, MIrvin, KSmith

You know its like they say:

"What goes around...doesn't always come around"

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Looked to me like he had hold of the shirt up there but not the actual pad itself, is that still a horse collar?

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
They explained it a little during the game, if the player is inside the tackles, and/or lets go before (either the player hits the ground or the tackle is finished) its not a penalty, or something like that, I didn't really pay attention.

But during the replay it looked like it was all jersey to me anyway so I don't think it should have been called.

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
its only a horse collar if the hand is inside of the collar

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Reeves almost got one as well, as he was chasing the RB down field the back stiff armed him and he started to grad the back by the collar but last second he was able to grab hold of the RB around the waist to make the stop. I can see how difficult this rule will be on defenders if the back is stiff arming you while you are tying to make the tackle.

DBoys

Reaction score
TX_Yid said:
Looked to me like he had hold of the shirt up there but not the actual pad itself, is that still a horse collar?

He had his jersey not pads

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
somebody grabbed julius' collar on his touchdown run vs the texans im just glad he's too fast for whoever it was that grabbed him

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
The rule has hardly been enforced this preseason, and so far very inconsistently. I agree with the intent of this rule, but I don't think it's very practical. I don't think I agree with it.