Did you guys ever think about

rojan

Reaction score
Roy Williams is out of postion on alot of plays and he gets dissed for it all the time..Im not shure if im right or not but did you guys ever think of the posibility that it is the middle LBers fault for not droping far enough in their zone ...Im not shure I havent really seen it enough in games to make a judgement on it but Kitna did say that our ILBers sucked in coverage..Is Roy and the safteys given to much of the feild to cover??

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
rojan;1296053 said:
Roy Williams is out of postion on alot of plays and he gets dissed for it all the time..IMnot shure if im right or not but did you guys ever think of the posibility that it is the middle LBers fault for not droping far enough in the zone and Roys zone dosent have to be soo big...Im notshure I havent really seen it enough in games to make a judgement on it but Kitna did say that out LBers sucked in coverage..Is Roy given to much of the feild to cover??

ive been saying for about a year now he should put on some more weight and move to lb. hes too big to be a safety

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
We need a better scheme.

Zimmer is killing our potential.

And no RW should not be a LB.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
rojan;1296053 said:
Roy Williams is out of postion on alot of plays ?

Ummmm, check about every fifth post of mine the last 4 months.

I love Roy for his hard hits and his occasionaly picks, but that man will charge RIGHT up to some spot on the field while the play is 4 yards away.

Am I missing some reason that this should happen?

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;1296067 said:
Ummmm, check about every fifth post of mine the last 4 months.

I love Roy for his hard hits and his occasionaly picks, but that man will charge RIGHT up to some spot on the field while the play is 4 yards away.

Am I missing some reason that this should happen?

He probably failed Geometry as a kid....

stupid angles.

:banghead:

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
smarta5150;1296062 said:
We need a better scheme.

Zimmer is killing our potential.

And no RW should not be a LB.

as bad as zimmer is, it doesnt change the fact that roy cant cover a phone booth, it doesnt matter what scheme you have or what dc you have, he couldnt cover my grandma.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
cowboyfan4life2;1296084 said:
as bad as zimmer is, it doesnt change the fact that roy cant cover a phone booth, it doesnt matter what scheme you have or what dc you have, he couldnt cover my grandma.

Your G-Ma must be real athletic for her age. ;)

rojan

Reaction score
what im sayin is if we had better cover ILBer we could sceme it so that Roy doesnt have to cover so much of the feild.

CallMeCrazy

Reaction score
Well, why do we have WRs or TEs wide open or uncovered at all? Madden was saying during the broadcast that the Cowboys looked disorganized on defense. It's not Roy playing out of position, it's the defense being mis-coached.

Zman5

Reaction score
We get burned alot when we are in cover-2 because we don't have the ILBs who isn't atheletic enough to play it. LIke you said, alot of time it looks like it was Roy or other safeties who blew the coverage when it fact it was the ILBs who screwed it up.