Did you hear Laffinburg???

Z-Man

Reaction score
He is so anti-Henson he was pulling for the non-int to be an interception just to spite him.

He kept telling Mickey "over and over" it's an interception if the DB has his hands underneath the ball EVEN if it touches the ground first! Then when they were arguing it's incomplete if it hits the ground, Laffinburg said "it doesn't matter anymore".

Does it not matter if the Cowboys retain possession or if the Jags get it at the 6 yard line?? Man, Laffinburg is so biased he pulls against his own team just to hate on Henson!!!

Even BP thought it mattered enough to challenge it, of course he won!!:)
Then Bill had a few choice words for the official if you can read lips.:lmao2:

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I never liked Babe after his awful performance back in 1990...missed the playoffs because of him.

BTW, that Cynic album from your pic in your profile was a good one.

CantonBound08

Reaction score
I don't know if it was necessarily biased toward Henson or irritation with Mickey. Babe was definitely sporting an attitude. I don't think they are a great broadcasting team, but when they argue on tv like a couple of 7 year-old girls they sound very unprofessional.

Verdict

Reaction score
Z-Man said:
He is so anti-Henson he was pulling for the non-int to be an interception just to spite him.

He kept telling Mickey "over and over" it's an interception if the DB has his hands underneath the ball EVEN if it touches the ground first! Then when they were arguing it's incomplete if it hits the ground, Laffinburg said "it doesn't matter anymore".

Does it not matter if the Cowboys retain possession or if the Jags get it at the 6 yard line?? Man, Laffinburg is so biased he pulls against his own team just to hate on Henson!!!

I understood Babe to say that the issue was did the ball hit the ground. I didn't think it was anti Henson, at all. Mickey was focusing on a nonfactor and Babe was correcting him.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yeah, that was so childish when on the 55th view he thought he might be wrong and said, "Well, let's just drop it, it's not important now!"

You could almost feel him stamping his foot as he said it. :laugh2:

Hoov

Reaction score
He's rooting for henson to look awful so he wont be remembered as worst cowboys quarterback

jimmy40

Reaction score
Z-Man said:

I got home from my son's game just in time to see that play and I was wondering if Henson made a pass at Babe's wife in the first half the way he was carrying on. There was obviously no doubt the ball hit the ground.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I just emailed Laffinburg this website and a link to this thread.

Welcome to the Zone bruthah. :lmao2:

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
Babe kept saying, "But did the ball hit the ground?"

Mickey kept pointing out that the guy didn't have his hands under the ball and the crown clearly hit the ground. This was very easy to see.

Then after Mickey explaining and showing it on instant replay, Babe would come back with, "But did the ball hit the ground?" and then Mickey would explain that it did in fact hit the ground.

Then Babe would ask again.

Repeat ad nauseum.

It was ridiculous to the extreme, and made Babe look like an annoying idiot. I never really had much opinion on the guy before, except that he was El Stinko as a backup quarterback, but if this is any indication of his game analysis and broadcasting skills, then I'm watching the game with the sound muted.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Dallas said:
I just emailed Laffinburg this website and a link to this thread.

Welcome to the Zone bruthah. :lmao2:
HAHA!

Actually, it's enjoyable hearing about dear Babe showing some 'tude, misapplied, misguided, mistaken, or not.

I hope that tranfers to the half hour tv program he does weekly in the season-- maybe he won't be so milquetoast interviewing Bill.

Spice it up a little.

But nah.......he'll melt in front of Tuna for the third year running

DBoys

Reaction score
Laffinburg got owned by Mickey flat out. He was dead wrong and Mickey was right and he had to eat it when the ref overturned.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
How about we call him Boob Laffingturd instead of Babe Laffinberg. Sounds good to me.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
How about we call him Boob Laffingturd instead of Babe Laffinberg. Sounds good to me.

I think the Boobs would be offended.

Just my 2 copper. :p:

mestor

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Yeah, that was so childish when on the 55th view he thought he might be wrong and said, "Well, let's just drop it, it's not important now!"

You could almost feel him stamping his foot as he said it. :laugh2:

I found that whole argument so unprofessional that I decided I had heard enough from those guys and muted the tv and turned on the radio, only to be more than happily entertained with Dale Hellestrae and Bill Bates commenting along with Brad Sham

Those guys were a laugh riot together, Hellestrae gave Thompson the player of the game because they didnt have to sit through OT in a preseason game : )